Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 07:47 PM   #1
Barbara
Welcomed New User

i have the drift of it, i really do. call to home takes you back to last town visited. create portal is used at the place you'd like to return to. and....when you cast teleport, it SHOULD take you there. i have lost count of the times it said "portal created", and when i go back to town or something then try to teleport.....it "fizzles"? any pc i have who is high enough to create the portal ,ought to be high enough to teleport to it. so, where do i have to be to get it to work?its a LONG way to brimlock and back to the pyramid or collasium! i created a portal outside the shrines back room, and on the piece of land where the pirates carst are. but....i am still hoofing it. i was joking about being suicidal. where do you have to be to create a portal that will work? and...is there a certain place you need to be to cast teleport? is there a long distance problem where i need to be closer? what gives?
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

What you may need too look at is the level at which your character's Sorcery skill is. This will affect the chance of a spell failure. I was able to create a portal right outside Cet's Tomb and it worked every time with a Sorcery skill level of 7.

I started playing around with it and I discovered I could teleport monsters to the portal. I even made a portal on top of Cet's tomb and it worked. So I think it may be the sorcery level.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 08:23 PM   #3
Barbara
Welcomed New User

sorcery level is high enough to create the portal and use call to home, so why not teleport? i suppose that could be the answer, but logically it does not compute. looks like i take the long way till i can buy more sorcery cause needing over 200 exp pts for next levels, game will be over! sigh.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 03:32 AM   #4
real_seckel

i got only one character with create portal/teleport spell...it may work this way:
- create portal creates a portal in the area you are in the moment (eg. WITHIN boogre caves)
- you can create another portal in any OTHER location...so you can one have in boogre, one in brimloch area ...one in isadna area and so on...
- but you can only jump to a portal within one area (only within boogre or within brimloch area)
- creating only one portal in boogre caves and then casting teleport in for example ishadna area will spell fizzle...

thats the way i experienced this...
Old 01-31-2001, 04:06 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

There are a number of places you may not teleport to; most of them around the lost sea. Only a few places worked for me there: the island with the sword in the stone, and the piece of land where the broken cart is, right between the cart and the sea.
The biggest design flaw here is that the game should prevent you from creating a portal, not from teleporting to it. Too often I only found out on the way back that I wasn't allowed to teleport.
I can't find your previous thread where we discussed this, so I'm going to ask you again: have you tried to go to a 'regular place', like east of Brimloch Roon, and cast create portal there, just walk away a few steps and try to teleport? And have you tried it in a dungeon, e.g. Anephas' Shrine?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 02:28 PM   #6
gandolph

the only place that i can seem to get this spell to work is right outside the entrance of lord cets tomb. i have tried it in other areas of brimloch, but no luck? my characters are all at 8-13 wizards with 400 and 500 hit points and the spell is still paticular?