Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I just restarted the game, and I'm a Paladin (gods, don't ask - I was drinking Sat night and...). But, I've gotten Monty and Xzar killed already. Should I reload - what am I ultimately missing out on that I'll really be irked about? I'm tempted to leave 'em. When can I encounter another mage?
Old 11-11-2002, 01:53 PM   #2
Tyrion
Quintesson

There is Edwin in Nashkel...and Dynaheir in the Gnoll fortress...and Xan in the mines...
Old 11-12-2002, 06:11 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

dont worry about those two, they are a waste of space unless your playing a midget party or an evil party or an InSaNe party [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Chunk up into little tiny bite size bits.They suck.Well unless you want to idiots in your party.They would make your paladin look stupid.They are evil,insane,and one has problems.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:49 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

they both have problems [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 11:46 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I know right, one game I was playing, my Paladin (for some reason she thought they were redeemable) walked into an inn, and was exploring, and while I was out, monty was exploring some other things and went into a room, and I left to deal with other things, the little bastard backstabbed a sleeping woman, well, needless to say I reloaded and dropped them right there.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:42 PM   #7
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I've heard of a couple of people who like Xzar, but honestly, there is a better mage in Dynaheir, not to mention with more hitpoints, and if your going evil than you should definitly take Edwin for his Amulet. Montarton of course is useless.

The best solution is to take them into the party, take their potions, and then use them as fodder against some tough enemy you normally would not be able to defeat at that level without ressurecting someone, a costly thing at that point in the game.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 08:19 AM   #8
Grungi
Banned User

what amulet? any good and can any char use it? i once took him but was years ago when i first played the game so i cant remember [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 08:56 AM   #9
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
I've heard of a couple of people who like Xzar, but honestly, there is a better mage in Dynaheir, not to mention with more hitpoints, and if your going evil than you should definitly take Edwin for his Amulet. Montarton of course is useless.

The best solution is to take them into the party, take their potions, and then use them as fodder against some tough enemy you normally would not be able to defeat at that level without ressurecting someone, a costly thing at that point in the game.
I would be one of the Xzar groupies but to be honest I have to agree that Danyheir is a better mage. I just find having Xzar in the party makes for a great deal of entertainment. My solution however is to keep both of them in my party. I am in a new party now but the party of which I speak was entertainment on a whole new level...let me break that down for you.

My Tank: Khalid ...I don't care WHO you are THAT is funny
My Healers: Branwen and Jaheria...Yes I know I am a glutton for punishment
My mages: Xzar and Danyheir
and ME: A Halfling Fighter/theif who since I played him the first time I don't know if I can ever go back to another class of character.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:35 AM   #10
Grungi
Banned User

branwen and jaheira are a great combo imo