Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 06:12 PM   #1
ralph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok this sucks. I finally figured out how i want to play and got my group together and I get that keldorn quest about his wife.

I go talk to the other guy and they work it out, and i let keldorn stay with his wife for 1 day before i go pick him back up.

but when i went to go pick him back up... he just stands there in his house. dosen't do or say anything. He's SUPPOSE to walk up to me and ask to join, but he doesn't. When i try to talk to him, it says "NPC appears busy". my game is messed up... what do i do.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 06:57 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

try an old save, then try some of the patches from baldurdash, which i dont currently have the url for. trying the latest patch from www.bioware.com might help to.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:58 PM   #3
ralph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i repatched bg2 and it fixed it... maybe it has something to do with the exe corrupting?? i've seen alot of people having the same problem i just did in different parts of the game... maybe this will help.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 07:55 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

No, it's not your executable. If it were the executable, the game wouldn't run.

This is the Baldurdash address: http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 08:33 AM   #5
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

WHen i installed ToB with SoA few days ago i have experienced a problem. Every (half at least) of people are untalkable (NPCs included). Cannot inetiate a dialogue, "character's name" appears busy. All the time. So i uninstalled ToB and it went fine. Sometimes some bugs appears other time another.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:16 PM   #6
Kezardin
Elminster

Phantom,

I'd recommend checking the net for patches before installing *any* game or expansion. The problem you had is known and fixed by a patch. Bioware has patches and a 'known issues' list.

As Fable says, Baldurdash also has many patch fixes for known but unfixed buglets (the azuredge axe for example)

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 05:17 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

What Operating system do u have ?? This is a known bug occuring with windows 2k and XP.
If u have one of those, get the official patch (latest version) here.

Otherwise get the latest version of the official patch here
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:47 AM   #8
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:
What Operating system do u have ?? This is a known bug occuring with windows 2k and XP.
If u have one of those, get the official patch (latest version) here.

Otherwise get the latest version of the official patch here

why do you have to write in blue cos it makes it harder to read