Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, after about half an hour this morning (2 hour delay at school, got a jump on downloading), I finally got to gamewinners and it actually didn't take that long to download The Darkest Day, and so far, it's been good. More monsters filtering out in Irenicus' Dungeon, and I'm going to give the Dragon Slayer class a test run. Any thoughts on what the new best class kit would be, regardless of type (bard, cleric, fighter, etc.,). Can anybody give me any tips or any thoughts on what I might run into, anything different I mean. Oh yea, I just remembered...

([SPOILER PROBABILITY])

Can anyone tell me where to find the new characters (or old I should say), because I read one was in Irenicus' Dungeon, but so far, I've only run into Yoshimo like normal.

Thanks
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 03:25 AM   #2
Lord Demerol
Dungeon Master

IIRC, there are no new NPCs in the first dungeon. This is where you find them:

(TDD SPOILER) (?)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Vesine --- Small Teeth Pass (Sun Lake Inn)
Avaunis -- Order of the Radiant Hart
Kagain --- City Gates
Shar-teel- Government District (Prison)
Yeslick -- Temple District
Robilard - Docks
Adario --- Copper Coronet
Kivan ---- Umar Hills
Xzar ----- Docks
Montaron-- Docks

Overall, TDD is quite enjoyable, but it still needs a lot of work from the programmers. Very cool new classes (a bunch of them - my fave was the Ninja), some tough monsters, some dissapointing fights, a few HUGE quests, oh well... I suggest you check the TeamBG Forum for some good info about TDD.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Lord Demerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 04:22 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Demerol:
Overall, TDD is quite enjoyable, but it still needs a lot of work from the programmers.
Still?
Pity, I was about to give TDD another go after two failed earlier attempts to go through the game, stopped by an enormous amount of bugs. What is it exactly that still requires work?
Old 01-25-2003, 11:16 AM   #4
Lord Demerol
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Demerol:
Overall, TDD is quite enjoyable, but it still needs a lot of work from the programmers.
Still?
Pity, I was about to give TDD another go after two failed earlier attempts to go through the game, stopped by an enormous amount of bugs. What is it exactly that still requires work?
[/QUOTE]- Spells and Items with wrong descriptions on them (in one game my thief spent 28000 gold pieces in a Troll-Slaying sword labeled as a "one-handed great sword". Later I found out it was a bastard sword unsuitable for backstabbing. D'OH). In the same fashion I picked items that wouldn't stack - arrows of biting from goblins, f.i., and that could only be removed via ShadowKeeper (not 'cursed' items - just bugged)

- Areas that can be accessed by 1 char, but party-required to leave. You need to load a previous save to get out of that one.

- Problems with many of the classes. In another game Shaar-Teel, BladeMaster, got level drained. When I restored her in a temple, she wouldn't level up normally. (she would show some ** without the +- buttons and I couldn't assign new *'s).

- And, on a personal note, because of my gaming style, I find hideous the animation they chose for several spells - spell inmunity (all), spell deflection, cloack-of-cheese, etc: a yellow-greenish "egg" that hides your char 100%. I usually play classes dualled to Mage and when when this animation was on, I couldn't tell if my char was stoneskinned or not; I couldn't see if he was using a ranged weapon for melee; some small-sized enemies (like zombies) could conceal themselves behind me and I wouldn't see them. Any enemy using one of this spells would render my thief useless, because I couldn't tell if the thief was in the proper position to attempt a backstab. It was like trying to backstab a Mustard Jelly...

- This was with TDD 1.03, and the TDDtoTDD103A Patch. These are all minor details, and if you can overlook them, you'll find the MOD enjoyable as a whole, like I said before...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Lord Demerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:22 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Ah... I hope you've already reported those bugs on the official darkest day forums? They could use all the feedback they get, especially if they want it to become 100% bugfree in the end.