Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
Aladinsane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm currently playing a solo sorcerer. Before I started I wrote out all of the spells that I plan to take for each level. I'm about to turn 12th level, so I'll get my first 6th level spell. I had planned ultimately to take mislead, death spell, chain lightning, protection from magical weapons, and contiingency. It's just now dawned on me that I didn't put true sight on the list, and I'm second guessing my list. Question 1: Should I take true sight at some point and ditch one of the others (and if so which), or should I leave the list as is? Question 2: Which spell should I take first at 12th level? I'm sort of leaning towards death spell or contingency, I'm just not sure. Any thoughts? I had sworn to myself when I wrote my list I wouldn't second guess it, and so far I haven't, but so much for that idea lol.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hmm, I have used death spell quite a bit, and it was very helpful. I would definitely keep that.

Edit: If i had to pick, I'd say get rid of Chain Lightning, as direct damage spells become near useless in big fights against low saves and MR. That'd be my choice.

[ 06-27-2004, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

ditto
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:51 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Take out contingency. Get the Level 9 Chain Contingency instead.

EDIT: Or take out Mislead. It's main benifit is that it can make you completely invisible, against all methods of detection, but an item you'll probably be getting anyway can do this aswell.

[ 06-28-2004, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
Black wizard of chaos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do not put out misslead, cahin lightning. They are wery usefull. And don't make things ahead. If you look on the net you'll wind modes that take you to level 28. I myself am currently at level 28 solo sorcerer. And I can ashure you I never used this spell you speak of. But I do tell you which are usefull: minor meteor shower, aba-dzaliz horrid wilting, time stop, stoneskin, misslead( very usefull), skeletons, magical swards, chain lightning, ice corn, fire shield ...
Now trust me when you get to level 18 you wont trouble your self with this any more. BUt remember youneed spell protection or semething like that- 5 level spell- look on gamesbanshee.com for the fight with Kangaxx.
Black wizard of chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:04 PM   #6
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Does anyone consider Mislead to be cheese? Is this spell properly implemented in the game?
Old 07-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

It makes the caster remain invisible even when he/she attacks or casts a spell.

Quote:
If you look on the net you'll wind modes that take you to level 28.
? Please explain.

[ 07-27-2004, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #8
Imrahil
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Black wizard of chaos:
But I do tell you which are usefull: ... ice corn ...
Likely a bad translation, but if not, I wanna know where I can get this one! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Incidently, there's no need for a solo Sorcerer to take Contingency (unlike Chain Contingency), since you'll generally use them defensively & you can find enough scrolls to use. Also, Chain Lightning pretty much sucks.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:05 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I think he meant Cone of Ice (lvl 5). Not a useful spell in my opinion.

Personally, I would ditch Mislead and keep Contingency.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:10 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

That would be Cone of Cold
Link is offline   Reply With Quote