Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 08:24 PM   #21
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:

LOL what do you want to try Moni? the fish or the sheep head haha! PS i like the brain wery mutch yummy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LMAO! Could I have both? With maybe some pickled pig's feet, some turnip greens and FRIED okra on the side! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

DragonMage...my grandma used to eat okra too LOL...EEEEEW! I am right there with you re: turnip greens too! Hey, what's kale? Seems to me I remember my mom making us eat it....green and nasty are all I can picture though, if I am remembering the right thing ha ha ha.
I agree with you about tomatoes too...I can eat all the cooked tomatoes I want but if I eat them too raw they become projectiles and it is not pretty! Way too much acid in those things! I had a friend who would eat them like apples, with a shake of salt over every bite (insert another hurl here LOL)

Old 09-18-2002, 08:47 PM   #22
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LMAO! Could I have both? With maybe some pickled pig's feet, some turnip greens and FRIED okra on the side! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

DragonMage...my grandma used to eat okra too LOL...EEEEEW! I am right there with you re: turnip greens too! Hey, what's kale? Seems to me I remember my mom making us eat it....green and nasty are all I can picture though, if I am remembering the right thing ha ha ha.
I agree with you about tomatoes too...I can eat all the cooked tomatoes I want but if I eat them too raw they become projectiles and it is not pretty! Way too much acid in those things! I had a friend who would eat them like apples, with a shake of salt over every bite (insert another hurl here LOL)
Now You've Gone And Done It Moni!

I happen to love Kale. My Mom used to make Kale Soup (Portugese dish) and it was great.

How dare you say it's bad!!!!
LOL! I never thought anyone would think Kale as gross..it is kinda like eating seaweed, but somehow I like it a lot!

Just Kidding, of course, Moni!

Mark

[ 09-18-2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
Old 09-18-2002, 09:24 PM   #23
Moni

LOL! You know for all I know I just might like it these days!
I eat a lot of veggies now that used to make me gag when I was a kid.
I didn't even remember kale until reading through this thread heh heh heh.
Seaweed eh....maybe I might not.
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

[ 09-18-2002, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-18-2002, 10:03 PM   #24
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Good old brussels sprouts. They're absolutely the most hideous things that some people try to pass off as food. Worse is that they'd name them after what is a fairly decent city.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:02 AM   #25
Jorath Calar
Harper

Am I the only person in the world who can't eat Olives?

Yach, that they are so gross, I'm not sure what it is about them, that I find so repulsing but I just can't eat them...
Old 09-19-2002, 04:57 AM   #26
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Am I the only person in the world who can't eat Olives?

Yach, that they are so gross, I'm not sure what it is about them, that I find so repulsing but I just can't eat them...
My wife hates olives. When I was a kid we loved them, we used to stick them on our fingers and eat them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 09-19-2002, 05:05 AM   #27
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LOL! You know for all I know I just might like it these days!
I eat a lot of veggies now that used to make me gag when I was a kid.
I didn't even remember kale until reading through this thread heh heh heh.
Seaweed eh....maybe I might not.
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
Kale is very good for you, I've heard. I like it, but it has to be firm...not mushy or I won't eat it.

In the soup I mention, Mom would add stew meat, potatoes, pasta (I think), and linguica or chourico (both Portuguese saugages). The soup is great!

Mark
Old 09-19-2002, 05:35 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

What's wrong with you people

I can't get over the concept of anyone calling a fresh tomato a "Raw Tomato". To me that is like calling a bannana a "raw bannana", or a grape a "raw grape". Sure you can grill tomato, but they are not half bad as they are.

And if you want something really odd for breakfast try the Spanish "Patitas Fritas"
Old 09-19-2002, 05:57 AM   #29
skywalker
Banned User

Hey Davros!

No one has mentioned Vegemite yet. Is it as bad as I heard?

Mark
Old 09-19-2002, 06:25 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Hey Davros!

No one has mentioned Vegemite yet. Is it as bad as I heard?

Mark
It has a fair following - I had some this morning - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Yorrrick likes it, and I think Wolfie thought it was OK. I do know that the French customs officers don't confiscate it on arrival in Paris