Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 AM   #11
Target
Red Dragon

That's what I've thought, you go through a door and a big nasty thing is standing behind it, is there much time to get spells of, or is it time to hide behind your henchman will a dagger?
Going with a barb, you should do a lot better.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #12
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
... I would even use leather armor. I'm looking for some +1 as I have a gargoyle scull. I don't think anyone sells it.
Spoilers
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Try the Twenty-in-a-Quiver Shop in the Docs district. I must warn you though, if you are trying for the Whitebone armour - it's a set of HEAVY armour... unless you have taken the heavey armour feat your barbarian will not be able to wear it!!
javan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok guys, I gotta tell the truth! I saved her, but I'm playing a pure Cleric right now. I just wasn't enjoying the barb/wiz combo. I know I didn't give it enough time but I will go back. Now, my cleric runs around Beggers Nest, getting as many undead as possible to follow, then it's turnin' time!! You ever see 10-12 Zombies drop at the same time in this game? It's a beauty, eh!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:19 AM   #14
Target
Red Dragon

I've never played a Cleric, but heard they are a lot of fun.
note to self, must use turn undead more with my paladin/CoT!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Turning undead isn't as much fun with a Pally as it is with a cleric. It is a bit weaker. Undead that a cleric will destroy, a Pally may just cause them to flee in terror, or maybe have no effect at all. Comparisons made at same char lvls.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #16
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Turning undead isn't as much fun with a Pally as it is with a cleric. It is a bit weaker. Undead that a cleric will destroy, a Pally may just cause them to flee in terror, or maybe have no effect at all. Comparisons made at same char lvls.
Oh right, I wasn’t really sure the strength of it. I only have about 6 (I think) pally levels, and think I'm up to 10 of CoT levels, does that make any difference?

Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #17
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well, charisma does have a factor in it as do some of the feats. Improved turning? Greater Turning? Turnanating the Zombies!?!?!?!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #18
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well, charisma is a factor, but pally/CoT turning is weaker overall than a cleric. I don't recall now, but I think you can take a few lvls off a cleric to equal pally at the same lvl. A lvl 8 pally turns like a lvl 5 cleric, for example, not sure what the actual difference is now. Also, anything you can do to lower the saves on the undead will help, prayer, I believe, will do that, as well as bless?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:09 AM   #19
Target
Red Dragon

I'll have to remember that. Just completed the undead bit of Chap. 2 HotU wish I'd remembered at turning earlier!! Prayer, I'd forgotten about that, what does it do?

Old 01-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #20
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think it boosts party saves, and lowers hostiles, as well as increasing your ab.