Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
Micalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I posted yesterday about being unable to dual class my human fighters to a cleric and mage respectively. When I raised to level 2, my dual class button was darkened. Someone suggested that I make sure that my stats for wisdom and intelligence was at least 17. I've made sure that my stats were 18 in both cases, but I'm still unable to dual class. I'm at a loss. What do I need to do? Take off my armor? Wait until I'm third level? Give up all hope that I can dual level?!? Help! Thanks.
Micalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you have a D&D manual you might try checking that to make sure of what the prime requisites are for dual classing. I believe its just wisdom and intelligence for clerics and mages, but I won't swear to it. A second stat, such as dex, might be an issue as well. I honestly don't remember.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:26 PM   #3
Micalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I create a fighter (regardless of whether try to dual class to another class), I always skimp on other abilities so I can get 17 on Strength, Dexterity and Constitution for them, including the prerequisite for other class. I'm still at a loss. Any others.
Micalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 04:49 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'll see if I can dig up my 2nd edition AD&D handbook and find out what IT says. Won't be able to answer this until tonight though.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:11 PM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

According to the AD&D 2ed PHB, all that is necessary for a human to dual class is to have a 15 in the primary stat for the first class, and 17 in the primary stat for the 2nd class. If you have 18 for both, this definitely shouldn't be happening. I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't work. Maybe you need to reinstall?