Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I just saw it last night and didn't see any thread on it. Anyone else seen it? I thought it was ok, about the same as the first one. What did you guys think?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I didn't see either, but this one looks better than the first based only on the advertisements (although I think the Silver Surfer looks kinda fake).

I can't believe I haven't seen it based solely on the fact that Jessica Alba is in it! I hope she doesn't use her powers too much, I love looking at her!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I thought it was done very well. I don't agree with the casting of Reed Richards, or Susan Storm but it was an entertaining film. They really showed how powerful the surfer really is and they did Galaxtus up perfectly I thought. I can't wait for the next one. It was far better than Spidy 3.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I liked it, but I think I liked Spidey 3 more. I think I liked Oceans 13 more. I was entertained, but not to the hype that surrounded it. It was okay, and I'll still buy it when it comes to DVD...but I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. </font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

There was hype surrounding FF2?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM   #6
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I thought it was way better than the first, I thought the whole cast was great, and I liked Laurence Fishbourne as the voice of the Surfer. However, was it just me or did Jessica Alba look like she had work done on her face? I also liked it better than Spidey 3.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

GALACTUS IS NOT A CLOUD, any representation of him as such is inherently flawed.

http://www.pvponline.com/article/3378/sat-jun-16?y=

From The Spoony Experiment: The first movie: Link to rant

And for FF2
Quote:
I have officially lost all faith in the future of mankind. It’s gone. I write this review as a broken, hollow man, having finally become the thing I feared I would one day degenerate to: a raving madman. I now understand the desperate, manic dread Charlton Heston’s character felt when he ran down the streets, howling in a futile attempt to warn the oblivious public that Soylent Green is made of people. I now understand Travis Bickle’s cold, fervent desire that one day a rain must come and wash the scum off the streets. If Great Cthulhu had risen from his eternal sleep in R’lyeh and consumed all the world in madness and death while I was in the theater watching Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, I would have welcomed the wave of oblivion with rabid glee. Why would anyone want to live in a world with movies like Silver Surfer in it? Why would anyone want to exist in a future ruled by a generation that stood in front of me, dozens of children all, and applauded the credits for a full minute? Please, my lord Galactus, devour this world. We are unfit to exist. We should all of us perish for allowing this crime against art to exist. We should all of us burn for not offering our children something better.

They applauded. They celebrated this…this atrocity. They reveled in its mediocrity. Bathed joyously in its ineptitude. They vowed to watch it again. And standing there, agape, my mind twisting and reeling in the horror of what I’d seen, redoubled by the fresh real horror of witnessing an entire generation’s cultural fall in microcosm, all I could do was scream at the departing crowds “What in the hell is wrong with you people??” I retreated to my car, realizing grimly that I’d now started yelling at children who hadn’t even been born when I was reading the very comics that were being raped and defiled on the silver screen. Have I really become the movie equivalent of a ragged maniac raging at passers-by, toting a soiled sign reading “THE END IS NIGH” and offering salvation if only people would read my scripture? Has our culture become so fouled, so shriveled, so worthless that I alone remember a time when entertainment still existed outside of Paris Hilton and American Idol?

In the end, all I have—all I can do is rage, rage against the dying of this fight. I’ve already lost. I can accept that. I suppose as movies like Silver Surfer slowly strangle the good taste out of our children the best I can hope to manage is to rake at the gates of hell, laugh as we approach a cultural gallows of our own design.

There. That’s a bit more descriptive than the sentence I’d originally written at the top of this review: “Fantastic Four is crap.” Then I just copied and pasted it five hundred times, wondering if I sent it in to my editor if it would actually get printed. After all, if you actually read “Fantastic Four is crap” five hundred times, you would find it much more entertaining than the movie and cheaper than paying for a ticket. But then I realized that’s probably true of eating a stick of butter too, and decided to put a little more effort into it.

Ah, f**k it.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap. Fantastic Four is crap.

Fantastic Four is crap.
(editted for language)
Old 06-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I figure I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD like I did the first one. I thought the first one was a fun movie that you don't have to take seriously. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

sadly I would agree as a marvel fan character. the first movie was close to the comics but the second one is totally different. just imagine silver surfer able to defeat galactus? impossible? at least follow the ultimates storyline if you can...

still its okay for a good movie to watch IMO [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Harkoliar, you took the words right out of my mouth. For serious.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote