Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 09:18 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I d/l the latest version of SK last night & I was looking at the global romance values. What's the diff between a value of '2' or '3'?
Old 05-23-2001, 09:21 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you mean CHARACTERNAMERomanceActive, then 2 means "continue with good ending" and 3 means "better luck next time (restart your game)".

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 09:26 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Ha! This means I can dump Ja for Vic!
Only problem is, my party is mostly good-aligned. Current composition: kensai, Minsc, Ja, Yoshi, Aerie, just got Nalia back from that Isaea jerk.
OT: I am thinking of dumping Nalia (now that all her quests & plots are done) for Jan. Good choice? Or bad move?

If I dump Ja, that means no Harper quest for her, right?

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 05-23-2001, 09:38 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
Ha! This means I can dump Ja for Vic!
Only problem is, my party is mostly good-aligned. Current composition: kensai, Minsc, Ja, Yoshi, Aerie, just got Nalia back from that Isaea jerk.
OT: I am thinking of dumping Nalia (now that all her quests & plots are done) for Jan. Good choice? Or bad move?

If I dump Ja, that means no Harper quest for her, right?

I suggest if you want the Harper quest, keep Jaheria, otherwise, keep Jaheria. She is a worthy party member and being a fighter/druid makes her being able to tank.
As for Nalia, please refer to the cons on the Nalia hate thread. I would suggest you keep Nalia if you still have the exp cap on and want a powerful mage until the end of the game. Afterall she does have the 2nd highest INT of all NPC in the game (less than Edwin, same as Imoen) and can advance to the highest level of mage within the limits of the exp cap. Many people consider her level 4 theif being pathetically low, which is a fact. But I tend to look at the 4 levels of theif as a bonus, why? 4 levels of thief means 5000 exp points have gone into her first class, now with the exp cap of 2950000 in place, 5000 is hardly significant and she is going to be 375000 short on the next mage level anyways. And she is capable to detect/disarm traps, which is why I use a thief in the first place. Many others have discounted her on the low thief level and annoyance (which is true), but when I value a NPC, I do it base on the contribution the NPC can make on a party. If magic plays an important part of your game, I suggest you keep Nalia, if not, then take Jan.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 10:09 PM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Accord
Thanks for your responses. My style is to try to create a balanced party of tanks and magic users. I need a thief for detrapping and lockpicking (don't pickpocket - much ). Looking at my stable of characters I am inclined to dump Yoshi if I have Jan for the thieving abilities. Plus Jan is a mage too! That leaves one spare slot for whichever NPC's quest I will be taking on.

You're right about Jaheira - her AC is the best in my party, at -6! Minsc follows at -1. The only problem is I'm not too impressed by her melee abilities - maybe I haven't been equipping her with the right weapons. I just got her the one-handed staff that looks like a mace (can't remember what it's called). Prior to that she was wielding a scimitar +1. Plus she just levelled up and had one skill point which I put into quarterstaffs (she's speciliased in it now), so I guess I'll wait & see.

BTW, what's H22A1??

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 05-23-2001, 10:18 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For Jaheria, I suggest you give her a club (you will find a nice one in Trademeet ).

Maybe you want to leave some side quests, so that when you get Imoen you can get her (or try to) to the max level near the end of the game. Since if you decide to pick Jan and Aerie they cannot advance to the highest mage level (I know, max leveling is a big thing for me) as they are multi-class, both can only be level 13 mages at max with the exp cap. It helps to be able to learn and cast high level spells.

H22A1, why...that's the 2.2 Litre DOHC VTEC engine by Honda.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!