Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 12:18 PM   #161
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Has anyone tried the Provinces mod at http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=251 ? I hear alot of positive stories about this one (it adds 50 new provinces). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:35 AM   #162
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

This is my oldest leader. He was about to turn 81.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #163
StigTC

I had a general that died on the battlefield at age 82, wasn't the faction leader though. I was pretty amazed that a man that old could even mount his horse, especially in that day and age.

Your leader seems to have a lot of nice virtues as well, mine always end up with vices such as bloody, unhinged loon and hiding from the world.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #164
Chewbacca
Zartan

Most of my Generals die around 60-65, but I did have a 9 star commander live to be 74 in the recent game I'm playing.

Once they hit 59 I move all thier retinue that I can to more junior family members.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #165
Sythe
Ra

There is a mod called Rome: Total Realism. It makes things much more realistic and comes with new skins for the units. And it is more challenging in some ways.

The site is at http://www.rometotalrealism.com
Old 05-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #166
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Damn this thread is old... Anyway, Selucid's the least powerful the minute they establish a beachhead. All their REALLY powerful units are charger types (Elephants, Chariots, cavalry), which means that they often take horrific casualties against decent opponenets and in seige warfare. After 2 turns however, most of the damage can be healed, which is when the tide tends to turn. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:25 AM   #167
StigTC

Are you kidding me, all the Seleucid Empire needs are their levy pikemen (Especially while being sieged), their cavalry is just a nice bost to get out of tight situations. Their biggest downside is their lack of desent ranged units, not that I use archers that much anyway.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #168
Sir Degrader

...Exactly. Archer army stands back and blows the crap out them, while the levy's just stand there. The levy's have a lower defense value then other hoplite types.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:10 AM   #169
StigTC

That's because they aren't hoplites, but pikemen. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
There's a world of difference between the two, pikemen use the 6m long sarissa pikes and little armor, while the hoplites use 3-4m spears (that I don't remember the name of) and much more armor.
And I usually just scare off the enemy missile units with some cheap throw away light cavalry.

I'll admit though that when I get my cataphracts I use hammer and anvil all the way.

[ 05-18-2005, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
Old 05-28-2005, 06:10 PM   #170
Sir Degrader

Yes, hence why they are weak just after establishing a beachead. Notice the powerful ones take 2 turns to build. That's 2 turns for you to start a siege and take advantage of their weaker units.