Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 01:34 PM   #121
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Nah, I wiped the Carthaginian faction out before this bloke ended up being the Julii faction leader. Lucky he decided to stick with me eh.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:55 PM   #122
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Well, check this out...I adoped a Cathaginian into my family before I wiped his faction out, my leader carked it and my heir died in a heroic victory fighting back hordes of Spanish fanatics (I was outnumbered 8 to 1 but still won but my heir died) - so all of a sudden the Carthaginian is now my faction leader and he's now a Consul in the Senate.
That is different, I have yet to have my leader be a foreigner. In my first game my adopted sons didn't even produce any sons or daughters, this time they multipled like rabbits.

[ 12-06-2004, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #123
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, the Senate finally got jack of me (don't know why, I was the only one they could count on to do anything) and asked my faction leader to commit seppuku. He didn't appreciate the request and I've just laid the smackdown on the SPQR, Brutii and Scipii factions - sieged Rome, took Tarentum (Brutii capital) and Thessalonica (killed their faction leader) and also took Syracuse and Capua (Scipii capital). I'd been prepared, you see.

But...once I took Rome the game ended!! I want to keep playing, and push into the eastern countries, plunder Egypt, wipe out the Seleucids and the Parthians, slay the Ponts. Why can't I???

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #124
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Nah, I wiped the Carthaginian faction out before this bloke ended up being the Julii faction leader. Lucky he decided to stick with me eh.
I think johnny was implying you double posted, Genieboy

And it sounds like Rome: Total War is a very fun game to play. If I ever get to the point that my computer can run at least Emperor, Battle for Dune I will probably try and get this game

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #125
Sythe
Ra

Is it just me or the Carthage units are a bunch of pansies! I had 100 men of Poeni infantry! And they all FLED before they really got to fight against simple Numidian Spearmen! I can't tell you how mad I was.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #126
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Must be just you then, i am currently playing a campaign with the Carthaginians, and haven't lost a single battle, and i haven't even gotten to the point where i get Sacred Band cavalry and armoured warelephants. I've conquered all of Spain, all of the Nubian's lands, most of the Egyptians territory, two cities of Scipii, and one of Brutii. With the exception of a few fleeing units, i haven't had to retreat one single time. The way i see it, playing with the Carthaginians, makes this game far too easy.

Memnoch, next time leave Rome alone until you conquered all other provinces. Although i have no clue if the game ends if you haven't reached your goal in a certain year, like in Medieval.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #127
StigTC

The game ends in the year 14 AD. You can change that the same place you change which factions are playable though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:14 PM   #128
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
The game ends in the year 14 AD. You can change that the same place you change which factions are playable though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
So basically you can continue playing well into the 21st century then ?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:49 AM   #129
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Come on, did anyone try my mod yet?
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:53 AM   #130
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Come on, did anyone try my mod yet?
Refresh my memory...what does it do again ?