Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 07:34 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

When I was going through the Salamander museum, I entered through the lower doors and talked to the slaves first. I then went up and talked to Kerish (?) the Salamander king and got the key from him. I went back down, freed the slaves (after talking to Vera), then went back up and began to fight. I had to run back downstairs and heal and rest up several times because my group was getting pretty trounced (and I learned to my regret that you DON'T cast Shroud of Flame when standing near your target, LOL!)

Anyway, I've gone all around, killed all the salamanders, talked to Vera again and freed her, and have approached Kerish's chamber again...killed the salamander guards and ice trolls...and no Kerish. Does he do a disappearing act on you as part of the plot, or is this a freak occurrence? Was there anything important on him that I need to continue the game? I'm pretty concerned here. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:01 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Are you able to access the bridge that is at the southwestern part of the map?Do you have the book that you need in order to cross it???
If you answered yes to the above, then I would not worry.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 12:07 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, I did, Larry, and I got the key from the Salamander king before I left him the first time, and got the badge from the Ice Giant...so I suppose all is well. It's weird, but I guess that's okay.

Thanks!

------------------
Old 10-06-2001, 09:49 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Saz! We had to do it the same way you did, resting and healing. Kerish was still up there and we killed him and got his special weapon. I don't think he had a badge and there wasn't anything special about killing him, except for the spear that was left on the floor after he was dead; when identified it said it was his spear and had special frost damage capability. I don't remember if he was worth any extra experience or not. I guess I was in too big of a hurry to get out of there.

A worthy game indeed! I played the first few chapters without knowing about the "pause" feature. Man! was it hard!! LOL I just finished the final battle (whew) and installed the Heart of Winter.

Hope this is helpful. Let us know how it is going. See you later. . .

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 09:59 PM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Apparently Kerish is never identified by his appellation, only by his regular appellation of 'Frost Salamander'. As mammawlin says, you should be able to spot him by the fact that he leaves a spear behind. The South-West corner I believe. It has some properties that help with their elemental counterparts in Lower Dorn's Deep.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 04:56 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, thanks for all the help, guys. I must have dropped him, and just missed the spear, then. No biggy, since none of my guys have spear prof. I'm in Lower Dorn's now, about to head to the second forge...hooboy. Once again, thanks.

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 04:18 PM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Good luck to you sazerac (cajun ?) It only get's better after this.
Fire salamander's are a tasty treat. And go the long way around
the castle/tower. There archer's are a real bugger..

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 07:04 PM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Pot. Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Sazerac, take Elif Godson's advice. You'll know when you find it, but if/when you do engage the bad guys there, don't bother going into the room at the top of the stairs. In fact, don't even go to the top of the stairs! You have no idea how easy it is to get a character stuck there, through sheer three-dimensional physics apparently. So unless you like repeating the same fight again (and it's kind of tough) forget what's there. There isn't much BTW.

I know. I almost broke down in tears when it happened to me.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 10:30 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Elif Godson and Lord Brass,

Thanks so much for the tips! Actually, I did engage the archers and the fight was hard-earned. They kept screwing with my mage, dadblagit! I finally made him invisible and went after them as soon as I entered with Holy Smite (you just can't beat Holy Smite!) and had my main characters finish them off. It was worth it, though, from the exp. you get from the little slave girl.

I'm just about through with the Dorn's Deep...I'm going up against Poquelin now and getting my butt kicked quite roundly. I need to rethink strategy here.

Thanks again for the tips!

Oh, BTW, Elif..."Cajun"...That was most perceptive of you! Most people don't know that Sazerac is a New Orleans thing. Yes, I'm from Louisiana originally, but actually from the north part of the state (Monroe). But I go to New Orleans whenever I can; I love it that much. Too cool!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 01:45 PM   #10
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Did you know there was a restauraunt chain with your name..
It was started by Outback Steakhouse in Tampa and Orlando.
Unfortunatly for them, it was a risky concept that didnt quite
make out the way they planned.
New Orlean's though, good stuff

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote