Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 04:44 AM   #161
Link
Jack Burton

WOW! Hadn't seen your new sig before Brenda! It's awsome!

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-25-2001, 04:57 AM   #162
Link
Jack Burton

Btw; Azzie, are you here? Or are you sleeping (can't imagine the last..)

------------------

So, therefore:

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-25-2001, 05:03 AM   #163
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Btw; Azzie, are you here? Or are you sleeping (can't imagine the last..)

ME SLEEP?!?!?

Sleep is for lesser beings. Overlords do not sleep. Are you on drugs young man?

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:27 AM   #164
Link
Jack Burton

SHOOT! How did you find out? Anyway, how are ya? Haven't spoken to you for some time now? Still hanging in there, 'without any sleep' ?

------------------

So, therefore:

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-25-2001, 05:36 AM   #165
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
SHOOT! How did you find out? Anyway, how are ya? Haven't spoken to you for some time now? Still hanging in there, 'without any sleep' ?

Im fine down here in Awz
Work, work and more work is all ive been doing lately tho
But today was my day off so Im a happy benevolent overlord

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Old 10-25-2001, 09:00 AM   #166
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Alright whos goina get on with the story here?

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 09:15 AM   #167
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Alright whos goina get on with the story here?
I was waiting for Hiram, but I can't tell if he's here. He was very busy yesterday and I guess he didn't have the time. I'll get us moving again (just give me a few minutes). Then you can meet up with us and, hopefully, Hiram will then have a moment or three. Then the Nebulous one and Seph need to elaborate on their chars.

brb, have to think up something....

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-25-2001, 09:50 AM   #168
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Breanna whispers back to Neb, "Don't worry. I don't trust ANYONE but the dwarf. He and I have quite a history and I'll tell you about it when we have more time. For now, we must be heading off soon, time's wasting."

The party of travelers then return to the grove to make camp and rest.

~Three have now become five. And while many mysteries still surround the two newest members, all will be revealed in time. There is a reason these lives have been intertwined. More await the journey on the near horizon. An arduous journey wrought with danger and hardship looms ahead. Not all may see the end of the journey, not all may be what they seem. But, for now, they are together come what may....~
Awakening refreshed to a bright, crisp morning, Seph and Encard bring some wood for the fire. Hiram then prepares some breakfast while the rest pack the gear and ready the horses. Birds are singing and rustlings of squirrels and such going about their morning rituals can be heard. Breanna, dressed this day in a purple robe with irridescent lining, conjurs a temporary fountain of water for coffee, tea and washing of faces. She then takes some mint leaves out of one of her pouches and begins to chew on the mint.

Neb offers some dried fruit to Hiram, who is cooking up a couple of rabbits. Hiram looks up in surprise at this. "I wouldn't have thought ye'd do that, but I thank ye as the Lady needs to keep her strength up, as do we all. Tis a hard journey that's ahead of us." "You're welcome, dwarf. Just trying to help out," responds the sorcerer. Hiram puts the fruit in a small pot with a small amount of water and adds some spices kept in folded paper in his saddlebags. The fruit thus reconstituted, the entire group partakes of probably the last good meal they will have for a while.

Thus fortified of body and purpose, the group heads out towards the forest.

~In the far distance, looms the mountainous range known by most as The Sleeping Giant, for it's appearance from a distance and from the right angle makes the mountains look as though a giant laid down for a rest. In the right light, it even appears to be looking at you through two dark, hollow eyes.

In the foothills of this mountain range is the Forest of Burrdak. At first the trees are sparse, but the closer to the mountains, the denser the trees become. Eventually, it is rumored, the oldest trees have such immense canopies as to block all sunlight from the forest floor. It is within this forest, at the very base of the Sleeping Giant that this company must travel.~

Polite chatter ensues as the group try to get to know one another. After about three hours on the road...

"So. What's your favorite spell, Neb," asks Seph.

"Shhh! I thought I heard something," hisses Encard....

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 10:30 AM   #169
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Awakening refreshed to a bright, crisp morning, Seph and Encard bring some wood for the fire. Hiram then prepares some breakfast while the rest pack the gear and ready the horses. Birds are singing and rustlings of squirrels and such going about their morning rituals can be heard. Breanna, dressed this day in a purple robe with irridescent lining, conjurs a temporary fountain of water for coffee, tea and washing of faces. She then takes some mint leaves out of one of her pouches and begins to chew on the mint.

Neb offers some dried fruit to Hiram, who is cooking up a couple of rabbits. Hiram looks up in surprise at this. "I wouldn't have thought ye'd do that, but I thank ye as the Lady needs to keep her strength up, as do we all. Tis a hard journey that's ahead of us." "You're welcome, dwarf. Just trying to help out," responds the sorcerer. Hiram puts the fruit in a small pot with a small amount of water and adds some spices kept in folded paper in his saddlebags. The fruit thus reconstituted, the entire group partakes of probably the last good meal they will have for a while.

Thus fortified of body and purpose, the group heads out towards the forest.

~In the far distance, looms the mountainous range known by most as The Sleeping Giant, for it's appearance from a distance and from the right angle makes the mountains look as though a giant laid down for a rest. In the right light, it even appears to be looking at you through two dark, hollow eyes.

In the foothills of this mountain range is the Forest of Burrdak. At first the trees are sparse, but the closer to the mountains, the denser the trees become. Eventually, it is rumored, the oldest trees have such immense canopies as to block all sunlight from the forest floor. It is within this forest, at the very base of the Sleeping Giant that this company must travel.~

Polite chatter ensues as the group try to get to know one another. After about three hours on the road...

"So. What's your favorite spell, Neb," asks Seph.

"Shhh! I thought I heard something," hisses Encard....

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-25-2001).]
Neb is just about say "Fireball." to respond to Seph's question when Encard tells them to be quiet, Neb looks to see if anything is waiting for them farther up the road, not seeing anything, Neb says, "Someone or something could be hiding in those trees, should I clear them away with a fireball?"

Old 10-25-2001, 10:40 AM   #170
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

"Yes I suppose you did here something" came a bemused voice from the shadows "and that sound you just heard was the sound of a crossbow being cocked at your ugly dwarven friend here"
The surprised dwarf spun around with a disgruntled look on his face, only to stop short as he saw the small double winged crossbow pointed right at his stomach.
A grinning face rose above it showing an impressive array of fangs on display, and the mans bright blue eyes twinkled in amusement at the sight of the spluttering dwarf. Thick locks of pure grey hair fell down on either side of his face, spread out like a shroud upon his shoulders. His lean muscles along his arms and legs were covered by pitch black leather, overtop a thin mail shirt lay on his chest, the metal dulled and blackened so as not to reflect any light. And draped around his shoulders was a cloak to match the hue of his hair, long and thick. Other than the small crossbow the strange man seemed to be unarmed, without even a simple dagger sheathed at his side.
"I would advise you not to move there old chap" said the man "Belly wounds can be very messy if the bolt enters wrong, and I wouldnt want anything to happen to yourself now that we have only just been aquainted"
"Who the hell do you think you are??" shrieked the dwarf, his shaking legs belying his fear.
"I believe I am the one who is aiming a crossbow bolt at that overgrown gut of yours." stated the man, with a raised eyebrow.
"Well that much is obvious," said the robed magess "But what is your purpose here?"
"Ah straight to the point," smiled the man "now that's more like it!"
Laying the crossbow down on the ground before him, the man went to sit down and as he did so swept a long sheathed sword from behind his back. The coarse wolf fur composing the sheath belied the fact that a obviously arcane blade lay behind it. The man stared up at the group standing around him.
"My name is Azurian Greymane and I am of the Wolfguard," he began "I am on a search.......

......and thats why I am to travel with you. The circle has turned and once again must the Wolfguard leave the sanctuary of the temple and travel abroad to find our purpose. I believe the wolf totem has led to you here for a purpose and I will stay until it is reveiled to me."

------------------