Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 05:46 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

I have noticed that many people who have three stars under their names (and a few who have two) seem to escaped the dreaded position of being called up by the Elite Waterdeep Guards. I examined my profile, desirous of ending this tedious slur on my reputation and could find no way of altering it. This drove me to two conclusions. Either that the gaining of enough stars allows the user to chose an individual job title/description or that they are remainders of those never seen nicknames from the previous forum (in wich case mine would simply say Balgin). Howevr I appeal for information on this as I have already spied one particular two star individual who has a unique monniker. I therefore appeal for an answer and if there's anything that I can do to change my lamentable condition (they always put the kings silver piece in the bottom of the pint glass don't they ) then I will gladly break free of this slavery. I would once more stress that I'd love an answer to this question and that much gratitude and grovelling on my part can be expected upon the recieval of such an answer.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:11 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Balgin: 50 or more posts=Dungeon Master (and 2 aqua stars)
100 or more posts=Magister (and 3 blue stars)

Above that, I don't know!

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:31 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The "titles" are all determined by how many posts you have made. There are no individual titles for anyone save Ziroc and myself (which are job descriptions).

Don't stress about these - they are just for fun!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:51 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

If that is so then how come I have seen people with less stars than me who have individual titles that I've never even seen before (includes Dritz Do' Urden, Elminster, Drow Assassin, Dungeon Master etc). Either people have found a way of altering their small descriptive text or I've missed out on something here. I actually went on a mad advice/spamming spree (leaving helpful answers on most of these forums) in a hope to get out of this shoddy job. I mean, I've never even been to Waterdeep, hardly even heard of it, hate the stupidly magic heavy/ Disneyfied Forgotten Realms altogether and prefer better balanced more serious settings (with maybe a slight touch of humour but nothing like dead magic zones or a deck of many things 'round every corner).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-12-2001, 06:53 PM   #5
Balgin
Elminster

Okay, so hate was a bit strong, I can stand the FR but prefer to be elsewhere. However I'll just have to see (since I've seen people with titles changing between gaining stars).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-12-2001, 07:04 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

And now for the moment at wich some truth will be revealed. I am not a Elite Waterdeep Guard I am a free something or other. Oh well, I might as well post this and find out so that I'll have something else to complain about.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #7
Balgin
Elminster

Ah now that's better, where are my familiar screen and dice ? "Room 47? And exactly wich way are you turning that doorknob, clockwise or anti clockwise?" You can really scare people with untrapped doors.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 03-12-2001, 07:09 PM   #8
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Balgin, where did you see those other titles? I don't think they would have them in the W&W forum, or would they?

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote