Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #1
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

The problem I have is this:

After I rescued Garren's child from Firkraag in the Windspear Hills, Anomen's NPC quest started with the messenger arriving to tell him about his sister's death. I went to Garren's hut first to close his quest, and then headed to meet Anomen's father. However, when I got there Anomen would ask me to follow him to Moira's (his sister's) ashes and expresses his 'lack of concern for our current situation' and that 'Garren's child languishes in the grip of evil', obviously not seeing the quest complete. Is this because I didn't kill Firkraag? I don't remember that necessary for contintuing Anomen's quest...

This is a very irritating bug, as I can't actually do anything to further Anomen's quest. I remember him saying something different in front of the ashes, and the quest is otherwise complete, even listed in my journal under 'Done Quests'.

Is there any way to resolve this? Installed I have:

Nalia Romance
Unfinished Business
Banter Pack V.5
Romance Pack
The Official TOB patch
TOB Baldurdash Fixpack

Since I have both the official and unofficial fix installed, I thought this rather odd. Is it because Anomen's quest opens while Garren's is still ongoing?

Any help is greatly appreciated! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-07-2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Odd.... Anomen's quest isn't supposed to start if you're in the middle of Windspear Hills, is it? Maybe it's because of the banter or romance pack... I'm not sure.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I'm not sure...I think Anomen's quest begins after a certain amount of time has elapsed with him in your party, and then the messenger appears wherever you are. Happens other quests too...

Thing is, I've played this game before like this, with the same mods installed, with no problems. Of course, I don't think Anomen's quest began in the Windspear Hills last time...
Old 11-07-2004, 03:17 PM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
I'm not sure...I think Anomen's quest begins after a certain amount of time has elapsed with him in your party, and then the messenger appears wherever you are. Happens other quests too...
Just as I was about to defeat a shade lord Jan's cousin pops up and tells him to go to his house. It didn't break his quest. Maybe it was just bad timing of the two quests.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #5
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah...maybe I should try removing Anomen within Firkraag's fortress, and pick him up at the Copper Coronet later...
Old 11-07-2004, 03:20 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
But the thing is, I know that the Anomen quest is specifically put on hold during the Windspear Hills quest. The romance also doesn't start if that quest hasn't finished.

At least, this is what memory tells me.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #7
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Maybe the quest is counted as finished even as Garren's daughter leaves her cell? Hm...well, I'll try what I mentioned above at any rate...

Grrr, I specifically wanted to include Anomen in this quest, and now look where that leads me...Anomen isn't worth this trouble. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: Well, it didn't work. Anomen still declares that I have to rescue Garren's daughter, even though she's back with her father and the quest is complete. This time the messenger arrived as I left the Copper Coronet with him.

I guess I'll have to avoid his quest then...which I don't mind too much, but I'd rather do it...

EDIT 2: I hate to ask this, but is there a way I can CLUA past that point? Force initiate the next dialogue, without risking messing up my game (like, starting Anomen's romance on my male PC...)?

EDIT 3: Ugh, this is annoying me now. I managed to avoid the messenger completely and tie up the Windspear Hills quest and Anomen still states that the child is still captured! Grrrrr, I would hit him! If he were, er, real...

Is there no other way to get round this? It seems I must miss out on Anomen's quest. I guess he'll get all huffy and leave after a certain amount of time has passed.

[ 11-07-2004, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 11-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Sounds to me like you'll have to crack open Shadowkeeper and kick some Global Variables around.

First things first, though: Go find your oldest Savegame and put a copy of it somewhere safe.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #9
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I've backed my save game, I do it on a regular basis since it's so easy to with BG. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, how can SK help me with this problem? You have given me new hope!

EDIT: Well, I've had a look at the Global Variables on SK, and it confuses the hell out of me. :s Can anyone please help?

[ 11-08-2004, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]