Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:52 PM   #71
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>So many plots and twists! Weeee!

Larry Silverfall

He looked around to see if anyone else had taken notice. None seemed to be looking. What had just happened? Owls do not attack men like that. He had been a ranger in a previous life, so he had the wisdom to know that this owl must have been somebody's familiar. He looked down to the ground. A feather lay there. An owl's feather. That was not what was so strange. The strangeness was that the feather was shaped odd...sorta like what one would see on an arrow. It was a skill he had even witnessed earlier this week with the elf that had been fletching arrows. Had this creature come from him?

He pondered over it, because obviously this was some type of message that he needed to decifer. He closed his mind off to the outside and searched within, trying to locate anything in his darkened mind that might clue him to the message he had received. When he found the place where he was tranquil and ready...he applied the owl to his thoughts. Sudden anger flashed over his countenence and he cursed aloud, throwing his hands up in aggression and saying something he did not even understand.

A dark wave of black fire erupted from his hands and leaped into the open air to sizzle away into nothing as there was no target where the owl had been seen.

Larry opened his eyes, astounded. What had happened? Before he could think long on it, he remembered that he was not alone. He slowly turned around to see if anyone had noticed his little accident.

OOC>>>The Darkness has left Larry...but has it left him...dark? Hmmm...

=================================================

A man runs into town, oblivious of a certain druid standing nearby speaking to a certain lady on a certain rooftop. All he knew was that he had a message to deliver and that his message had to get into the One Eyed Wolf...where heroes were wont to hang out.

"Help! Help! The Cornwells have been killed! Old man Cornwell lies in his own blood and his wife and children are missing! Help!"

The messenger runs down the street and finally into the tavern with these words.

Rong Er

While talking to Lyulfe, she heard a commotion downstairs. She excused herself from her sick friend and walked over to the doorway to listen. She opened the door and then heard the story of a man named Cornwell and his family that had been visited by trouble. It sounded as though the wife and kids had been kidnapped and this did not sit well with Rong. She realized that this was another chance for adventure, and hopefully to save the lives of those kids.

Turning back to Lyulfe, she said...

"Pack your things. We have a job to do."

OOC>>>Skye...we're back. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-03-2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-03-2004, 06:59 PM   #72
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Roderik:

You look for your shadow. You see it at a ninety degree angle behind you, opposite the light.

Your eyes adjust to the new light and now you can see better. You see nothing that suggests trouble, but you remember where you are. The staircase looks inviting.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:29 AM   #73
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion Wilgor 40/60

Andrion had turned to look at Larry when the ranger first cursed. The black fire from the ranger's hands was strange and Andrion directed his thougts towards the mage to inform him of this.

===================================

Plaxica 70/70

Plaxica also looked around to see the dark fire erupt from Larry's hands. But he was more interested by the owl's feather which he saw next to the ranger. Plaxica bent down and picked up the feather examining it to see whether he could find out more about the owl he had not seen.

OOC: since he is able to shapeshift into an owl I guessed he might know more about them than the average person.

Edited for incorrect Andrion HP. Next time I ask to be wounded I should remember... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-05-2004, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 12-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #74
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry

He felt the stares of at least two men, one of them a supposed friend to the Shadow that had once corrupted him. The other was a newcomer...by the name of Plaxica, who seemed more interested in the feather than he was anything else. Clearing his throat from the shock of all that had just transpired, he found his voice to ask...

"So...Plaxica, was it?...what do you make of this? Why would that owl do such a thing, and leave this behind?"

Even as he spoke...he was sure that this owl was no ordinary owl. He did not know why, but Larry thought that the owl was already known to him...maybe from a former life. Maybe a darker one. But what did it mean? He pulled his thoughts back into the present, and surveyed the men around him. Everyone had seen the display of power that had come unprovoked by him, at least...and some were visibly on guard. Everybody had given him a wider berth of space. Only this Plaxica seemed unmoved by the event. He wanted to delve into his mind and see if he knew this guy form somewhere else, but he was too afraid to do so...not knowing what might happen if he did. He could fry the little guy and not even mean to.

The mage was focused on the little mouse known as Roderik and almost did not hear the beckon of his cervant Andrion until he mentioned in the communication that black fire had been used by this Silverfall fellow. The mage was most angry at this. First the Reaper shows an ability to be tolerant to certain magics of Shadow...and now the twirp Larry had just used shadow fire? What in the Hells was going on? He sent a strong command to his own twirp to tell him to keep him informed of any other uses of shadow magic.

"By the way...what provoked this casting of shadow fire? What was he attacking?"

The entire group that is travelling with Larry and Marcos the Inquisitor

The group had been momentarily shocked out of their senses at the blast of black fire from the hands of this Larry guy. Marcos was quick to run up to him and demand he be bound by the hands for the protection of the group. Larry reluctantly agreed, and was put in chains such as was Andrion the prisoner.

Marcos now had true evidence against this Larry and was happy that his true colors were finally coming out. He would be convicting at least two people today.

The entire group finally reached the gates of the castle and were asked to enter private rooms that were being provided for the ones that were free witnesses...but Andrion and Larry were taken to another room, where they were watched by a group of guards. The room was magic-proof, so no magic could be used in that room. The two prisoners were separated into two cells within the room. Marcos decided to start by ensuring that the guests that were semi-free witnesses were settled into their rooms. One room was provided for all of them to stay in. He wanted to make sure that they were comfortableand if they had any questions,,,and to announce that dinner would be served for them in two hours from now.

OOC>>>Who's with me on the part of witnesses that came with Andrion and Larry? Mind the fact that some of you are still under suspicion, so you are equally guarded. But not as heavily as Andrion and Larry are.

I hope Legolas can come around and take it from here.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:04 PM   #75
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion Wilgor 40/60

His thoughts drifted again towards the mage.

"He was not attacking anything. I heard him shout and saw the flames. And...wait...him and the new guy are looking over the feather of an owl. Is that significant?"

Then the Inquisitor's allies came and took them to the castle and put him and Larry in a room. Soundlessly Andrion inspected the surroundings of his cell looking for possible means of escape.

===========================================

Plaxica 70/70

Plaxica examined the feather closely, yet apart from the fact that it could be used to make an arrow he could not discern anything special about it.

"I wish I could help you Larry, yet I can not see anything special about this feather." He handed it back to the ranger. "I think you should keep it. It might have a meaning we can not see yet."

A few hours later Plaxica was showed a room along with Silt and Vincent. He chose the part of the room closest to the door and put his bag down there.

"I don't know either of you too well, and was myself mixed up in this affair." - he said speaking to Vincent and Silt. "What do you make of all this? Oh, and if you don't know yet I am called Plaxica and I was once sailing on a ship along with Rong and Lyulfe whom you seem to know. It was following them that I came to the Tavern of the One Eyed Wolf. It seems I arrived in an unfortunate time."
Old 12-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #76
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry

The man that had once been a competent ranger, then had been the avatar of the ultimate evil on the forums of IW...now sat in a prison cell, across from the cell that held the traitor that had tried to kill him. What was wrong with this website?

Larry grumbled to himself and curled up near the back of the cell, hoping to rest his eyes to rid himself of the headache that had erupted behind his eyes.

================================================== ============================

The Mage

Before losing contact with his obedient servant, The Shadow Mage had been told about an owl. His rage had to be contained, or it could have boiled Andrion's brain if left unchecked. He lost contact with his mageling when exterior events took place to cause Andrion to lose focus, and then the Mage of Shadow burst into a scream of terrible anger. The effects of this were so great, that the tower itself trembled under the power of the hatred portrayed by the Mage.

"So, Cyril of the Wind. You have returned and you are snooping about in my business. I shall find a suitable way to deal with you this time."

"Terrakis!!!"

The mage bid come his most valuable servant.

Terrakis, the leader of the Shadow Giants.

================================================== =============================

For Roderik: The tower shakes and trembles all around you as you hear a screaming terror so violent, you become disoriented because of it and fall, causing yourself 3hp of damage as you strike the floor hard with your head.

[ 12-05-2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-05-2004, 06:33 PM   #77
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Where the rains fall hardest

His fingers tighten around the handle of the Stormreaver, grasping so tightly his knuckles grow white. That the one called Larry Silverfall possesses still an affinity for the darkness of shadow is but to be expected. That meddling knights who style themselves inquisitors should involve themselves in matters such as this, however, betokens problems of no small size. “Paladins!” The air around him rings with the contempt with which he utters these syllables. Nothing good comes from such as these. The winds rise in time with the surging of his anger as the memories of the questing knights who unleashed the Devourer upon his people rise unbidden at the simple mention that word. The death of his wife, the empty retribution of the terrible death sentence he executed upon the knights, the bitterness of his Exiling and the terrible pain of his breaking all of this rises within him.

One memory, however, attains a terribly sharp focus in his pain – the memory of that day nearly eight years ago when he stood within the Scattering Wind and brought the terrible vengeance of the Sky People upon those knights whose arrogance had unleashed so great a terror upon them. The sound of their holy symbols tearing free from their necks in his grasp and their gasping for breath within a wind which tore the very air from their lungs – these things he has never forgotten, for it is a terrible thing to be the instrument of so great a vengeance as this. More terrible than any of this, however, was the sound of the Scattering as it seized their spirits and tore them to pieces, dispersing them beyond even the reach of their outsider god. Scattered, such is the fate of those that fall in such a wind, scattered and forever lost. There is no pride in executing such a sentence and to do so changes one forever.

The movement of the air about him changes, no longer responding to the breathing and anger of the man that those of this place so far from the sky have called the Windbringer. A movement of a different type asserts itself here as a harsh and bitter breath begins to nudge his limbs to movement. He stands once more within the Scattering Wind, once more the vessel of execution and he is a danger to all who live until the Scattering is satisfied. So simple it would be, to visit death upon these fools in sudden assault from the skies, to break the arrogant might of orders such as these whose bellicose masquerading in the name of goodness has brought so much death and pain to his people. The fools! Even now the one called Larry hangs in the balance, not evil, but still as capable as any of falling once more. And should such a fall happen ......

It calls to him now, the rage of the storm, crying out for him to surrender his wounded limbs to the freedom of its movement. Perhaps it is best to slaughter the lot of them, and let there be an ending ......

“One does not control the wind,” he says with a quiet intensity, “one enters it, feels its freedom and moves.” His eyes narrow and he winces at the pain with which life rushes out through his fingers and along the handle of the axe to mingle with the wind. “And if one would change the movement of the wind, he must first change himself.” The tugging at his limbs grows weaker in this mingling of self with air and he slowly gathers his breath. “You shall have your victim,” he whispers into the Scattering, “but only your victim.” He pauses a moment and continues, his voice small within the raging of the wind, “So be it. Let there be an ending.” He turns, then, turning his face away from the place of the knights and fully into the raging of the storm. He is a danger to all who live so long as the Scattering claims him. Let him then, be first a danger to that one whose death he would seek even were it not demanded by the gods of his people.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:22 AM   #78
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Vincent Pathfinder 98/98

Aye Plaxica, was unfortunate timing on your part. This whole scenario is all about unfortunate timing. Larry has truely been touched with the shadowed hand and it grips him still. looking around the cell, and especially at the lock, just not making it obvious that he is studying it. Vincent walks over to the door and leans against it listening to the lock mechanism to see if it loose or tight and then wiggleing the door a bit. it's probably enchanted knowing this inquisitor " So Plaxica, you say you were a sailor, where abouts were you sailing, and what can you tell me of these friends of yours, I havent spent much time with."
Old 12-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #79
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Rodie

The jolt and shaking tower had stunned the "bard" enough to force his personality to the background, he would become aware all too soon, but for now, Rodie ruled. His head ached, and blood dripped into his eyes from the injury, but feeling the pain was welcome, a sign that he was his own man, if only briefly.

Quickly he climbed to his feet and turned, and ran up the stairs into the dim light, perhaps he would be able to pledge his alegiance to a new master, and take his ultimate revenge.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #80
dplax
Jack Burton

Plaxica 70/70

"I was sailing mostly among the islands off the east shore of this continent." - he said lying down on his bed. "I had an unfortunate episode with some mercenaries after my accident happened and I had to flee one of the islands. I had been a sailor before being a mercenary, so that was the most logical way to get off the island. I was sailing with a noble called Lord Mormegil, whose dream was to slay a dragon. But many misfortunes befell the journey and in the last of them Mormegil suicided himself, jumping into the stormy sea. I tried to save him, but I only barely got away with my own life. Lyulfe and Rong were traveling mates. Rong had poisoned Mormegil because of some prior misunderstanding between the two of them, and then escaped with the help of Lyulfe. Apart from the two of them and the fate of poor Mormegil I know nothing of the others who were on the ship. Maybe they still sail, maybe the violent seas claimed the ship that day."

OOC: that was a short resumé of the previous game Plaxica was in.

Plaxica remained silent for a few moments, caring to his own thoughts.

"If you wonder what the accident is that I talk about, then I shall tell you. While serving as a mercenary for a baron I once went on a patrol, where I got bitten by an owl with a strange disease. A few days later I noticed that I had the ability to change into an owl. For this my comrades tossed me out and tried to kill me and it is for this reason that I had to flee my homeland."
Closed Thread