Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #1
Trisk
Welcomed New User

Hello. I was wondering if there is some way to get around the hitpoints you gain in the game after you hit certain levels. Basically I don't like the limitation I seem to have encountered. ie. my mage after level 10 gains only 1 HP per level, the thief gains only 2. Any ideas?
Trisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
Duke Hereward
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is to use Dalekeeper to modeify your character's attributes, unless you delve into the code and change the parameters yourself for HP allowance / level.

Have you got the max HP/level option turned on?
Old 03-26-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
SolitaryHacker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

dalekeeper is also very fun, if you want to screw around and make yourself damn near invincible
Old 03-26-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
It might be fun, but its also fairly akin to cheating which I'd wager most fans of the other AD&D stuff, wouldn't want to do. I know I certainly don't see the point in it. I'm tough enough at level 14 right now as it is!

Also, as for the hit points limitation - that is also the nature of Dungeons and Dragons, based on the hit dice of the class of that particular character. (I.E Mage - D4) If its maxing out you're worried about, you can always enable the "Max hit point every level" on the options menu. Again, kind of defeats the purpose for creating AD&D characters if you ask me...
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:26 PM   #5
Trisk
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the suggestions. I am not much on cheating so I'll just have to live with it. I was ok with having it roll for HPs as I was gaining levels (I am just not happy with being given 1 HP per level as my mage goes up). I have 4 characters that have been ready to level so I guess I'll live with it and put them up their level. Thanks to all who replied. Maybe once I am finished I'll just get a new game. Does anyone know if Ice Wind Dale II has the same limit?
Trisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
Curlcurl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the limit is in all the games, its a D&D rule, after a certain level (11 I think) you only get few HPs levelling up
Curlcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:53 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Curlcurl is right - it's in the rules. Fighters, rangers and paladins gain 3 hps per level starting at 10th level, thieves and bards gain 2 hps per level starting at 11th level and wizards gain 1 hp per level starting at 11th level. It's on pages 135 and 136 of the IWD manual. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote