Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2004, 12:48 PM   #31
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy AO Luvian. I found it an acceptable game with no real PK'ers. Had a few of those uber mobs you never want to run into without a highlevel party. Anyways that basically describes my worst encounter. I had a mission to a location in the middle of one of these uber mobs territories. Someone's team kindly kept the bugger busy while I made my run. Overall I've had nothing but friendly encounters within the game. The only problem I've had are some horrible camera angles where the camera controls wouldn't respond properly.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 01-11-2004, 01:13 PM   #32
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Middle Earth online looks really, really good. If I had time for an MMORPG, I'd really check that one out. If you want something more SF, you could have a look at The Matrix Online (still under development) or Neocron. World of Warcraft also looks good (not too complex) but the graphics are a bit cartoony [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-11-2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 01-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #33
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by ogopogo:
quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
Im personally gonna wait for "the World of Warcraft", then after that its D&D Online. I have heard good things about EQ and AO, but im not gonna go for those...
Yeah i am looking forward to WoW too... It looks like it could be real good, but I have learned not to get my hopes up to high [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]For me, WoW is just to get used to playing MMoRPG's, so i can enjoy D&D online at its fullest...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 01-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #34
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Here is a link to Dark Age of Camelot. I play this game on a regular basis and yes it can be obsorbing at time's. I am soloer and have managed rather well. It is nice to get a good group going though, the xp can flow like water if you are in the right one. If you decide to go for it, I play on Gawaine server, Albion.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #35
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Im sorry I didnt know this topic existed! I am a HUUUUGE FFXI player, I dont think I can stress that enough, I love it I love it I love it. I've played many MMMORPGs in my time but I swear, FFXI is the ONLY ONE I will ever play EVER again until they maybe come out with something better. The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the LOADING TIMES are all Top-Notch. I mean Im on DIAL UP and it takes 2 seconds to load a huge town with 200 players in it running around buying stuff. On top of this, it has 4 differint methods of communication, Chatting, In-game-Mailing, Gouping up, and Linkshells, all of which are very nice for keeping track of your freinds (I just bought a linkshell the other day, costs 8000 gil ) anywy, If you want to try an MMORPG for the first time, FFXI might be a little Shocking to you, as it's WAY bigger than Phantasy Star Online ever could have dreamt to be and it has a very large freindly community that will just SUCK YOU RIGHT ON IN THERE. Anyway, If you're interested in playing FFXI I highly recomend you try it, OH and When you make your character, Make sure to get to SERAPH because that's the server I'm on and I'll hook you up.

To play on the PS2 you'll need the Hard Drive, because you have to download about a 160 Meg update from last Christmas, See the game Never stops changing, And last Christmas they UPPED the maximum level capacity to 75 and LOWERED the Necessary Chocobo Riding Level to 15

So it's Awesome.

get it!

GET IT NOW!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 PM   #36
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by cav_again:
$1 for extra characters? I don't plan on having extra characters.
Well you dont NEED EXTRA CHARACTERS first of all.

ONE CHARACTER can be ALL CLASSES. You can have EVERY job in the game and level it up to 75, + you cand have 4 Subjobs Innevitably when you reach level 75 (each subjob is 1/2 the subjob before it and you can only get subjobs at level 18)

At level 30 of your characters job you can do sertain quests to unlock MORE jobs like Summoner and Samurai, which you would then start again at level 1, but you could always switch back to your Level 30 Theif/whitemage or whatever you choose to be.

The Races are really based on whether you want to have more HP (health) or MP (magic) And all races can be all jobs, it doesnt matter what you choose to do or be.