Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Well, me and several friends decided we would go over to one friend's house, he had lots of candy to give for halloween, including those little one cup reeses. Well my friend Jimmy was opening one and the cup came in two of the little cup wrappers and my friend Brax said "Hey! If you get two of those wrappers it supposed to mean something bad will happen. I heard it own mythbusters." So the point I'm trying to make is, is this rumor true or is it just another myth?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-31-2003, 08:18 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Don't be fooled dude.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Don't be fooled dude.
I'm not going to be fooled like that man, I just want to know if this is a real rumor that was actually started and of occurences. Crap likes this fascinates me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-31-2003, 10:14 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If you want bad luck, go stand in the freeway..
Old 11-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #5
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
If you get two of those wrappers it supposed to mean something bad will happen.
It means the machine that seperates the wrappers for Reeses cups didn't manage to seperate those two wrappers. I'm certainly not fearing for my life [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 01:05 AM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
If you get two of those wrappers it supposed to mean something bad will happen.
It means the machine that seperates the wrappers for Reeses cups didn't manage to seperate those two wrappers. I'm certainly not fearing for my life [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Exactly... unless the machine got stuck because someone's limb got caught in there or something [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I'm born on the 13th of the 7th month of the year 1981. My life is a living hell.

I once walked under a ladder, while carrying my black cat and I accidentally smashed a mirror.

This happened right after my cat ate my lucky rabbit's paw (which was fake offcourse, I like animals).

You know what all these bad omens got me? I *NEVER* won the lottery in my life, not even once!!!

Be wary my friend...... the wrappers are an omen......

Old 11-01-2003, 09:34 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
A rumour like that just HAS to be true [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When I was in primary school, we had a thing where, if you were eating potato chips and found one that had been folded over when it cooked, it was the 'wish chip' and if you ate it all at once and made a wish it would come true. Dunno if anyone still says that . People made up crap like that all the time. I'm sure if your friend didn't actually make it up himself (probably did ) then whoever he heard it from did.