Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 04:25 AM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
pardon me for asking but who's Kangaxx ?
To avoid spoiling too much, Ill just say kangaxx is very powerful, very hostile, and completely impossible to kill using conventional tactics.

Score between me and him should be about even, I think its 6:4 to him at the moment.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:46 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

When you get to about Kangaxx 50 Davros 0 we'll start giving you some tips - until then MWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAA!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-04-2003, 06:01 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
HEHEHE! Now if you like Icewind Dale or any of the followups, we'll know we've warped....errr enlightened you, and your little dog, too, my pretty....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh and what LadyZ said...NYAH NYAH!

(my score, Kangax about 20 and one multiplay party of mine 1, my solo game...haven't even gone near the bugger! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] )
Hi Cloudlet [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am unlikely to fall under the IWD spell I am afraid [img]smile.gif[/img] - I tried IWDII and scored the same result as BGI - about 4 chapters then apathy. I do find the character interaction of the NPC's in BGII to be much more preferable to the power gamer create your entire party option in IWDII.

Then again, as BGII proves - one should never say never [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 06:12 AM   #14
WillowIX
Apophis

BAH Davros. You, if anyone, should know that BG simply isn't playable while W&W sits on the shelf. After all you want the best, not a simple copy.

*ducks ans runs out of thread*
Old 08-04-2003, 06:19 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Glad you're having fun Davros! LOL the only time I managed to kill Kangaxx was using feats from TOB [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] . I wouldn't bother with Tribunal though - boring crap! Pah!

Sorry haven't emailed for a bit *hugs*
Well I am kinda glad you said you hadn't emailed - Not that I wouldn't mind getting a letter [img]smile.gif[/img] , but I was getting worried that I might have deleted one of your messages under the great pile of spam mail I have been getting lately. Hope things are going well at Uni - I hope to be in your neck of the woods in mid December for a few days, so I might shout you out to dinner if I haven't come down with a cold or anything .

I don't know what happened in my first loss to Kangaax either - one minute Davros was hiding out the back while all my guys were up front and laying into him - Kangaax was on nearly dead when the next minute I get the Davros death cut scene and there are 2 lichs - one up top and one that went for Davros 20 metres away down the steps?????
Old 08-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
When you get to about Kangaxx 50 Davros 0 we'll start giving you some tips - until then MWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAA!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Mwahahahahaha - a bite - a veritible nibble We Aussies like a sporting challenge - Hey Kangaxx - come on down here and try that sport!!!!"
Old 08-04-2003, 06:31 AM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Here's a hint:

Tie me Kangaax down sport, tie me Kangaxx down
Digeree me Kangaxx doo boy, Digeree me Kangaxx doo
Mind me Kangaxx Duck Bill, Mind me Kangaxx duck
Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred, tan me hide when I'm dead.

So I did, and that's Davros' hide hanging on the shed!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-04-2003, 08:33 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Here's a hint:

Tie me Kangaax down sport, tie me Kangaxx down
Digeree me Kangaxx doo boy, Digeree me Kangaxx doo
Mind me Kangaxx Duck Bill, Mind me Kangaxx duck
Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred, tan me hide when I'm dead.

So I did, and that's Davros' hide hanging on the shed!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *gasp, choke, chortle* You do realize that this will be going through my head all morning, now, don't you? *snork*

Davros- I originally tried BG1, couldn't get into the long treks across open spaces and then the mines had me so turned around I gave it up- couldn't get Storm out of the 2nd level. But then I tried IWD and it was linear, easy to follow, made up my own characters...felt like a stood a chance and I played it through (with some help from a walkthrough I found on Ironworks). I went on to play BG2 (although we all know I hold the record for longest time in Ch2 [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] ). So who knows, you may get desperate enough to take a crack at IWD or IWD2 again one day! Heck, I may even play BG1 through if I get desperate!

*goes off humming 'Tie me Kangaxx down.....sport...Tie me Kangaaaaaaaaaaaax...down* [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 09:19 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

You have Rolf on the brain Donut - seek urgent medical assistance [img]smile.gif[/img] .

OK - time for an update - the score is Kangaxx 4 - Davros 0. Round 2 was a fizzer, but in round 3 I managed to get to his Demi Lich form at last. In round 4 I managed and to get that to badly injured - WOOHOO - but the bugger regenerates quickly once he imprisons all the tanks wailing on him .

As before, I still don't want any help from the learned, but I am making a diary of my learnings as I go [img]smile.gif[/img]

1) Fire elementals worked well (until imprisioned) - they do more damage than Carsomyr
2) Ring of the ram worked well on the lich - never tried it on the demi lich. Note to self - don't position your mage at such a point that you blow the lich right on top of him - it just wasn't a smart tactic.
3) Spells don't work - but I think I was working out how that minute meteor spell was supposed to work just before my mage joined the choir invisible.
4) Remember Davros - you have two Ring of the Rams - the other one is in your gem bag
5) Korgan's +3 hammer didn't work and no missiles worked
6) Talk about a shrinking party - I started with 6 and ended with 2 before I hit the reload button.

I hope this nasty toe-rag has some decent treasure on him [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 09:46 AM   #20
daan
Silver Dragon

You are trying Improved Kangaxx wiv the added Guardians right ?
Since quite a lot people found the original Kangaxx too easy, he was spiced up a little to make him more of a challenge ( better spell-selection etc. )

You can download the Tactics-MOD and choose to either download all implements that make the game more challenging or just the Kangaxx part :Kensai Ryu's Tougher Kangaxx and Guardians.

If you really want to cry in agony about a floating skull, you should try the upgrade atleast once [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]