Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2003, 09:39 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
You could maybe grill vegetables on the barbeque with the steaks - capsicum, egglant, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus and stuff?
Well that sounds great to me Aelia. Unfortunately we have a "picky eater" in the party LOL (insert doorbell sound here) I.e, sis-in-law's boyfriend. I'm not going to go into the long saga LOL (Squash Wars I like to call it) (insert Psycho soundtrack here), but trust me he probably wouldn't eat any of those veggies you mention above. Corn he I think will eat. So I'm leaning towards corn now LOL... I mean who doesn't like corn right? Yes my family is insane, well they aren't really blood related though Ssss, it is never boring though I have to say that LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img] (insert any banjo music here)

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2003, 09:44 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Sounds to me like you need more meat on the grill
Old 05-09-2003, 10:02 PM   #13
Atrayu
The Magister

What time is dinner Lady Z? Potato salad with zesty sounds great
Old 05-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #14
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Why are you planning on cooking your mother-in-law? Wouldn't a nice brisket or ham be nicer? Even if you don't get along there has to be a better answer. What really gets me is that her own daughter is luring her to your house where you will then celebrate with this vegetariain meal you listed. Man, I knew not eating meat made you cranky but this is to much.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:33 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Yes corn on the cob would be good methinks, easy to make as well (I'll let sis-in-law do the shuckin LOL) Wow that caramel apple salad sounds wooonderrfull!! umm where exactly do you live? Maybe we can all just go to your house, we can be there by two...
I'm on the Western Edge of Michigan, so if you start now, you can probably be here by 2:00 We'll keep the grill warm...

Here's the caramel apple salad recipe. Really easy to make -- even I can do it, and I'm a firm believer in the Bachelor's Cookbook*

Caramel Apple Salad

3-4 apples (granny smith, braeburn, or similar)
1 container sour cream
1 container whipped cream
1 package butterscotch pudding mix
1 package/container of peanuts (optional)

Cut apples into chunks, about 1/2 inch square or thereabouts. Peel 'em if you want. Set aside. Mix equal parts of sour cream and whipped cream into bowl. Pour about 2-3 tbsp of the butterscotch pudding mix into the "cream" mixture. Mix it up. Adjust to taste. Mix in the apples and if you want, the peanuts. Keep cold until you're ready to serve.

See you on Sunday!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Sounds to me like you need more meat on the grill
Well Gangrell the steaks trust me will be huge, so there will be no meat deficiency LOL, plus dunno, I kinda count the Devilled eggs as meat too. I just hope my father-in-law doesn't go overboard with them and winds up spending most of his visit in my bathroom, like two years ago LOL. I mean one or three devilled eggs are good, but if you eat more than six, BEFORE dinner, amongst other appetizers, you are kinda asking for "it" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2003, 10:48 PM   #17
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrayu:
What time is dinner Lady Z? Potato salad with zesty sounds great
Probably around 1:00pm or 2:00pm Atrayu [img]smile.gif[/img] What are your Mothers Day Plans? Heads up re t-storms tomorrow!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2003, 10:58 PM   #18
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Why are you planning on cooking your mother-in-law? Wouldn't a nice brisket or ham be nicer? Even if you don't get along there has to be a better answer. What really gets me is that her own daughter is luring her to your house where you will then celebrate with this vegetariain meal you listed. Man, I knew not eating meat made you cranky but this is to much.
ROTFL Antryg! Actually my mother-in-law is pretty cool. She's incredibly friendly and talkative and caring. She is a clean freak though, never sits still I swear, is always wiping up or dumping something into the trash, or trying to fix some kind of food for anyone who might be hungry, even if we've all eaten an hour ago LOL.
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-09-2003, 11:04 PM   #19
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

You know, I figure if they're going to invite themselves over to your place, the least they can do is lump whatever food you choose to give them. So just make like Slim Jims and spaghetti. Who likes mother-in-laws anyway?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:06 PM   #20
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Yes corn on the cob would be good methinks, easy to make as well (I'll let sis-in-law do the shuckin LOL) Wow that caramel apple salad sounds wooonderrfull!! umm where exactly do you live? Maybe we can all just go to your house, we can be there by two...
I'm on the Western Edge of Michigan, so if you start now, you can probably be here by 2:00 We'll keep the grill warm...

Here's the caramel apple salad recipe. Really easy to make -- even I can do it, and I'm a firm believer in the Bachelor's Cookbook*

Caramel Apple Salad

3-4 apples (granny smith, braeburn, or similar)
1 container sour cream
1 container whipped cream
1 package butterscotch pudding mix
1 package/container of peanuts (optional)

Cut apples into chunks, about 1/2 inch square or thereabouts. Peel 'em if you want. Set aside. Mix equal parts of sour cream and whipped cream into bowl. Pour about 2-3 tbsp of the butterscotch pudding mix into the "cream" mixture. Mix it up. Adjust to taste. Mix in the apples and if you want, the peanuts. Keep cold until you're ready to serve.

See you on Sunday!
[/QUOTE]Man that recipe sounds good LOL. Sigh... Am tempted now to make it, although that would mean, once AGAIN, I go all out, am the main food cooker/contributor. But that does sound really good LOL. Want to make it just for myself. Decisions Decisions... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps