Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #31
Masklinn

From Cloudbringer :
Quote:
that maybe, just maybe the people in the advertising/public relations part of the NRA's organization might be doing the generous thing and allowing Heston to finish out his 'spokesperson' role as long as he wants to?
Maybe, but the problem is that they can loose some credibility if they let an Alzheimer diseased person speak publicly for them.
That is why he should step down. Esepecially when his disease is taken as an excuse in case like that. This is too easy.

[ 02-24-2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Masklinn ]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:09 AM   #32
Masklinn

And yeah, I'm sorry I jumped into the de-railed wagon. I couldn't hold myself.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
From Cloudbringer :
Quote:
that maybe, just maybe the people in the advertising/public relations part of the NRA's organization might be doing the generous thing and allowing Heston to finish out his 'spokesperson' role as long as he wants to?
Maybe, but the problem is that they can loose some credibility if they let an Alzheimer diseased person speak publicly for them.
That is why he should step down. Esepecially when his disease is taken as an excuse in case like that. This is too easy.
[/QUOTE]But compassion doesn't necessarily fit with business all the time, Masklinn and if they ARE letting the man keep his dignity, who are we to argue? Heck, it's a NICE gesture, especially if it does look bad sometimes when he can't answer. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but maybe that's just me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #34
Masklinn

The problem when he looks bad in cases like that is that the whole organization he stands for look bad.

I don't think any organization likes to take that risk.

But I like your version, very humanistic [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:44 AM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
The problem when he looks bad in cases like that is that the whole organization he stands for look bad.

I don't think any organization likes to take that risk.

But I like your version, very humanistic [img]smile.gif[/img]
LOL, that's my point! If the NRA IS doing it out of generosity and wanting to let the guy have his dignity, well, I'd have to say I'm impressed at the genuinely human and caring gesture. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course they COULD also be getting some nice publicity because people will think "how decent of them to let him make them look bad just so he can feel like he's got some pride left"... who knows?

Uh... back on topic, I never saw the film [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:57 AM   #36
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Hmm, the part with the Heston interview that I found funny/sad was the last part. People who saw it will understand why he all of a sudden stopped talking. Because he started saying that the US had more murders because of "ethnicity" (I think that's what he said). And it was almost starting to sound racist the way he was saying it. I think that's why he stopped it, because he knew how people might think of it, and maybe because it was going that way. As long as the interview was going his way, he was nice. And that's why I thought it was funny/sad. [img]smile.gif[/img] I didn't even notice he had any problems speaking or anything. He seemed totally normal to me, and he spoke well. Except, as I said before, the stupid things he started saying at the end.

[ 02-24-2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Spelca ]