Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 10:33 AM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Well, I use a Large Shield +2. Still, my AC is usually between 22 and 26. That sucks. I like the ring of power because it regenerates you. I need AC, but I also need lighting, so I cannot choose whether to wear the Ring of Cyan or the Ring of Protection +2. I am not wearing boots, and am wearing the Greater CLoak of Protection vs. Good. I am wearing for a helm a Thayvian Circlet, for a belt a Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, and for gauntlets I am wearing the Gloves of Dicipline. For an Amulet I am wearing the Amulet of Health. I am wearing either the Armor of Horus-Re or that weird Family Armor (forgot the name) that protects against mind spells. I really need lighting, I am (supposedly) a human (actually drow, but that sub-races are treated as human) so I cannot see in the dark. In my inventory (which I can use) are:

Watchman's Helm
Glittering Necklace
Full Plate +1
Whitebone Armor
Katana +2
Flail of Destruction
Two 2-bladed swords (forgot names, one does fire damage, one gives skill bonuses)
Golden Circlet
Will of the Lost (club)
Scythe of Nature

That's about it. I have a few more, but they are in my bags of holding (which I almost never look into) and forgot their names. Would any of these (equipped) make my Char better?
Can't remember what the Thayvian Circlet is, but if you find the Golden Circlet, it will protect you from mind spells too. This will free up your armor maybe. There is some armor that will give off light, but I saw it so long ago that I can't remember what it was now. I think it was some kind of chain mail though. Had eternal light cast on it or something. LOL. Was blinding.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #12
Thrawn
The Magister

oh yes keep a eye open for a armor bracklet, those are very useful! also amulet of natural armor are great, but barkskin can replace and take care of that so don't need em unleast u don't have pots of barkskin.

btw its possiable to get ac execessive of 30, my druid had ac of 44, and oh yes one undocumended feature of the boot of speed is they haste u and also provide a +4 ac bonus stackable with all and any bonus i belive.

and oh yes i have seen ac up into the 50's or even 60's my ac monk is a elven with 20 dex, and 22 wisdom...

but that probbaly didn't help u did it [img]smile.gif[/img]

all i can say is keep your eye open for dragon armor or mithiral spilt mail, those are among some of the best items armor wise imho. oh yes droup the mind protection armor and get the Golden Circlet potect u from mind spells. very handy. i always beeline for that and try to find it asap so i can free up some other slots or spell slots.

there are couple of different ac. Natural, dodge, defection, and armor. now those all stack but not with the same type. so u can have +5 natural armor and +5 dodge and u will get +10 to ac, but u cannot have +5 of natural and +5 of natural, that'll only give u +5 and wase a slot for some other items.
This is the place for Improved Ai Scripts by me<br /> [url]\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/\" target=\"_blank\">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/</A>
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:45 AM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn:
oh yes keep a eye open for a armor bracklet, those are very useful! also amulet of natural armor are great, but barkskin can replace and take care of that so don't need em unleast u don't have pots of barkskin.

btw its possiable to get ac execessive of 30, my druid had ac of 44, and oh yes one undocumended feature of the boot of speed is they haste u and also provide a +4 ac bonus stackable with all and any bonus i belive.

and oh yes i have seen ac up into the 50's or even 60's my ac monk is a elven with 20 dex, and 22 wisdom...

but that probbaly didn't help u did it [img]smile.gif[/img]

all i can say is keep your eye open for dragon armor or mithiral spilt mail, those are among some of the best items armor wise imho. oh yes droup the mind protection armor and get the Golden Circlet potect u from mind spells. very handy. i always beeline for that and try to find it asap so i can free up some other slots or spell slots.

there are couple of different ac. Natural, dodge, defection, and armor. now those all stack but not with the same type. so u can have +5 natural armor and +5 dodge and u will get +10 to ac, but u cannot have +5 of natural and +5 of natural, that'll only give u +5 and wase a slot for some other items.
Dexterity affects AC, that is why the boots of speed add to your AC. Depending on what your stats are, will determine how high that the AC "stacks" I state this because I have other dex altering items and when I put on the boots of speed, I only gain +2 AC. My average AC is 37 now. I have gotten it as high as 48 though. My natural dex is only 17. I find that items that "soak" damage are worth a lot more than AC. I found a ring of absorption that "soaks" 20 damage. Sure, I get hit more often, but since the damage gets "soaked" it doesn't hurt me. Many creatures in the game can do more than 20 damage per hit, but I only get hurt for anything over 20. Highest damage I had was with the greater Earth Elemental or something like that (looks like a walking pile of rocks). It does anywhere from 10 to 25 hp's damage per hit (usually does 12hp damage though). That's when it can get past what AC I have (37). I keep some potions of heal and if I get too low, pop it. Don't see too many areas that this is a problem though. I can walk through most of the game now with what items I am using (plus that I am 20th level). I think on average, you get 1 AC per 2 Dex, not sure about Wisdom. I haven't tried stacking items with that. I can say that CON bonuses add up pretty good too. Plus, if you have items of regeneration (ring of regeneration +4, Aribeth's Revenge +1, Helm of Health +1, Ring of Power +1, etc. can't remember other items that I have seen. Most of these items are for higher level though. Ring of regen for example is either 19 or 20) Anything that can provide immunity is pretty good too, but "soak" damage seems better. The game at best only offers 90% immunity to any 1 given attack, unless you cheat and make an item yourself (to get 90%, you will probably have to cheat too. I think 25% immunity was the highest that I found in the game (Aribeth look alike anyone? Necklace anyone?) You have to find out what kinda protection works best for your gameplay though. You won't need so much up front if you are a range attack kinda person (does help if you get caught in a bind though). Buff up spells help out really good too (in case your friends die or aren't around to help you - I carry 10 scrolls of resurrection "just in case") lol

[ 08-17-2002, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-18-2002, 08:44 AM   #14
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As for the ring of Cyan Problem I would just were the ring when out of battle and everytime you get in a battle just chuck on the other ring... (i.e. put them both in quickslots and switch between them )
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote