Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2001, 05:11 PM   #1
Grahgla
Welcomed New User

I cannot get on top of the block to poke the sticks in the sockets. I've been hear for 4 hours and I am not happy. This is the type of thing that will keep me from buying another RPG game (if anybody cares). Help please.
Grahgla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 06:58 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Try jumping (using "0" on the numeric keypad). You can also use "Shift+0 on the keypad for a "running jump".

Hope this helps.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 07:32 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

It's a pretty good puzzle, so if your not thinking your way through, it will be frustrating. You need to start with holes that you can reach, and see what blocks come out of the wall. By jumping up to these, you can access more holes - getting the knack of the jumping is probably the hardest thing about it. Most people get stuck here because they haven't thought to try to jump to the new blocks.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:19 PM   #4
Moni

P.S.
Looking up when you are jumping gives you more distance.

Moni
Old 07-15-2001, 11:15 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Grahgla!!!

Hope you have manage to solve this puzzle and escape the pit! Do remember to explore both exits from the pit room. One will take you to an enclosed outdoor area where you can complete some quests, the other will take you back out to Ishad N'ha area! Good Luck!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 01:30 AM   #6
Pangur Ban

Try dragging in a treasure chest ( from another room ) to stand on. This fixed things for me !!
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 04:47 AM   #7
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just used enough sticks to get the middle ones under the out doors open.
Then with a fairly low <7 atheletics skill you can jump onto to them, provided you look up slightly and use the shift key. Once there you can from one to the other and out of the doors.

I don't think I ever bothered to solve it properly.
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 07:11 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Do not give up CRPGs. The other CRPGs are usually not so bad as this one. As far as this game is concerned, always repeat yourself that you move in the direction you are currently looking. Therefore, if you want to jump up, you must gaze on the sky or on the ceiling - even if you do not think that the sky is particularly interesting. If you think that your movement is slow and jerky, then check your looking direction - perhaps you are trying to find something on the ground and you are looking down. Therefore, the fact that you are moving at all is, in fact, a bug. You should burry underground.
Why I am speaking about it. If you are looking in the wrong direction then your movement is greatly deteriorated. You'll be unable to jump enough high. You'll fall through a hole even if you should traverse the walls. And so on. Your problem seems to belong to this category.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote