Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 04:31 PM   #1
Max
Dungeon Master

lmao...seems im the only one on the forum this morning.

Ok I have another question. The warriors guild quest to kill Mon the Sculz, now I have this quest but only after going to the second village to join gulds (I started as a Rogue). I can't find him anywhere this time, on my first play throughs he was always easy to find. The only reason I can think of is when starting the game I killed the Highland Rogues found on the left side of the cemetery entrance of Valiea, this also included the Rogue leader.

Could the Rogue leader become Mon the Sculz after getting the quest to find kill him..??

If this is the case then by me killing the Rogue leader then in theory Mon the sculz would already be dead and thus explain why I can't find him.

Any thoughts or insights would be good.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 04:56 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Think he should be up near the graveyard somewhere.

Hope you find him!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 05:13 PM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

That bandit is hiding from you, Max! Don't worry, he'll have to come out sooner or later to meet his doom. Let us know when you find him where he was hiding, would you.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 12:06 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

More than likely you've found him by now!

However, if you haven't...every game I've played, he always starts out at Nymph Lake (near the Millhouse) and starts strutting up the path from there. If you're on the graveyard side, he takes the "Valeia Bypass" (as I call it) and tracks you down.

Juba Thobers does the same thing...but he spawns in the wooded area just north and west of the "robbers grove" (where the Rogue Leader and his group are).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 03:05 PM   #5
Max
Dungeon Master

Well as far as Mon the Sculz goes I have given up trying to find him. I spent about 3 hrs last night mapping every inch of the first section of the game right up to toad village (I even checked out around the serpent temple incase he had spawed there for some reason) but to no avail.

As far as Jubba thobbers goes well thats another funny story, I spent ages looking for him as well and could not find him. But on returning to the town hall (after many hours searching again) I was given credit for killing him.

Seems some strange events have taken place, maybe because I had to do the whole of the crypt before getting any of the quests.

The only thing that bothers me about Mon the sculz is the fact that I can't move on to the other two warriors guild quests in Valeia. This spiols my plans to get Crusade and fletchery at there eraliest possible times.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 11:17 PM   #6
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Here is a little tip I have found that helps me find NPS outside of dungeons. It doesn't work too will inside dungeons, but that is because there are multiple levels. The secret is in how W&W deals with random monsters.

When you have the map up as you walk around, you only have a small area showing. Clicking on the map again brings up a larger area. The trick is that no random generated monster can live outside this larger area. This includes birds, bugs and rats.

Here is how to use that trick. Cast your Spirt Eye and then double click on your mapping icon to get to the large map. You should see some white and red dots on your map. Most of the red dots will be bugs, butterflies and birds. Now scroll around on your map. Any red dots that were not inside your first map area are NPC's that do not dissappear. Scrolling over to the edge of the lake will show you Mekdowa. Near the windmill will be Kerielle. If you have talked to Gorthius but did not let him give you the lockpicks (I pick pocketed them from him) you should be able to recognize Gorthius. The horse will show up too. Even Bilbump will show up on the map. If there is a red dot that is on your map but is not one of the NPC's that you recognize, it could be either Mon the Sculz or Jubba Thobbers.

The red dots can be confusing because it shows you all creatures nearby, so many people have dismissed this powerful spell as trivial. However, I have found it very usefull in finding and dealing with NPC's. I have even learned to recognize that most creatures appear on the large map before they are close enough to chase you. When I see four red dots in a squarish configuration, chances are that there is a group of monsters that are waiting for me to get close enought to attack. It has helped me throughout the game, especially when I am hunting crabs, Bark Horrors, or just hunting experience points.

Hope this helps

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 01:18 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Max:
Well as far as Mon the Sculz goes I have given up trying to find him. I spent about 3 hrs last night mapping every inch of the first section of the game right up to toad village (I even checked out around the serpent temple incase he had spawed there for some reason) but to no avail.

As far as Jubba thobbers goes well thats another funny story, I spent ages looking for him as well and could not find him. But on returning to the town hall (after many hours searching again) I was given credit for killing him.

Seems some strange events have taken place, maybe because I had to do the whole of the crypt before getting any of the quests.

The only thing that bothers me about Mon the sculz is the fact that I can't move on to the other two warriors guild quests in Valeia. This spiols my plans to get Crusade and fletchery at there eraliest possible times.

Crusade is received through the Temple guild, not through the Warrior guild.

A tip if you still want Fletchery soon on: when you do complete a Warrior's Guild quest (I guess it will be Ishad N'ha now), click off and on the character, alternating between him and another character, for six or seven times while receiving credit for the quest, and you'll go up to guild level 7 on one quest. You can only do this in the unpatched game.

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote