Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #11
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

If you fight the dragon, lead it back to the Yuan-ti hunters. Theey probably won't even hurt it, but they provide a distraction. Also, your'e closer to the portal than when you fight him at the yuan-ti lair.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 05:16 PM   #12
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

so ur saying now that i have killed all the yaun ti i can just talk to iselore and the gate will be closed with out even killing the gaurdian??
Old 02-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #13
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Killing the yuan-ti doesn't close the portal; it eliminates the threat. Iselore WILL notice that the portal is not closed, but you tell him that you killed the yuan-ti instead.
[img]graemlins/railgun.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2003, 06:27 PM   #14
zakharak
The Magister

okay, thanks. I will take the advice. But first, to the lair to rape those yuan-ti. I'm still curious as to what happens when you don't make it though the portal after finishing the dumb dragon. Lata, skata
Old 02-07-2003, 06:37 PM   #15
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

why would u want to rape yuan ti???? just playing i just had to say something about that!
Old 02-07-2003, 06:43 PM   #16
zakharak
The Magister

-in a suggestive tone of voice-
ahh, jusst sssomething about them being .. ooohoo .. long and sslithery ..

Besides that, they deserve it.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #17
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

haha nice
Old 02-07-2003, 06:57 PM   #18
zakharak
The Magister

Still i am pretty sure i donot have the necessary skills to defeat this Worm. Maybe if i have otilukes resilient sphere i could, but so far the only attack that has acturally hit the target was a spell called Melf's Minute Meteors. This my friend is right now my favorite weapon.

And my sorceror has some returning fire Dagger +2, don't ask where i got it but it works. Unfortuneately it sounds like i need +3 to hit though. Is there any spell that increases that number? Later skater
Old 02-08-2003, 03:56 PM   #19
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Melf's minute meteors is my 2nd favorite spell. My favorite is magic missile. There is a spell similar to minute meteors called ball lightning, I think. It does electricity damage to all surrounding creatures, though. It's useful against swarms of enemies, and minute meteors is good for small groups of enemies.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #20
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I had some wrong information on my previous posts here. The battle starts once you go back to kuldahar, not when you report success. Fortunately, I think it autosaves. There are around six or seven waves of enemies, and can be very tough if you just fought the guardian.
[img]graemlins/shooter18.gif[/img]

The crushing trap and most other traps are avoidable, my theif had a low int, so he had a low search skill. That was my first time with 3rd edition... I am playing the game over with a "smarter" party. My first party was good at killing things, but wasn't too bright. My new party isn't as good at killing things, but they all have at least average int and wis. My new party is Dwarf fighter, human monk, half-elf cleric, human bard, elf wizard, and halfling theif.

Thanks to my new theif, most of the Targos townsfolk are missing a few items, which can be found at the nearest store. [img]graemlins/lurking.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I bought 300 arrows for the guard in advance, but he wouldn't take them. For some reason all 1 gp items take 2 gp out of my total. 1 gp isn't much, but I am only getting 40 arrows/bolts/bullets when I should be getting 80. Since I knew I would have an abundance of arrows, I placed my extra arrows in Ulbrec's couch... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]