Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 05:51 PM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

i dont know if i missed 1 million quest or what bu chapter 4 was so short. all i did was the black raven monestary and help malavon, thats it. Tell me if i missed any sub quests. and i did do the blue rb thing for the illithid.

also in chapter 3 there was alot of marked places on my map (such as luskan) that i never got to go to in that chapter. once again did i miss something!!
Old 01-29-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Up behind the drow camp is a bunch of assassins you can take out, but you can't tell Malavon or anyone about them, so they don't count as a quest.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

yea i rember them but this game was good untill i found out it was already almost over and should i go into kuldahar city first or go into that gravyard???
Old 01-29-2003, 06:42 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Is the whole point of the game to build a excellent party for HOF? is hof all that matters??
Old 01-29-2003, 08:23 PM   #5
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

yeah, thats probably what i did. I went to the graveyard and got the holy avenger, if thats what you are talking about. And no, the whole point of the game isnt just building your party for HOF mode but its role playing rather than power gaming. HOF is fine and you get more stuff in terms of items and such and the enemies are harder, thats all. But its still the same running around chores to do around the map areas.
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:35 PM   #6
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

i just finshed it and didntget the holy avenger r we talking about the same grave. I mean the one nathenial sends you to and u have to kill about 15 orgs in a cave type place after youve wiped out the grave yard in front of it and u have to kill this huge org cleric thing. the only thing i got was some spells an amulet of protection a bow and some half plate mail? o are u talking about a different grave??
Old 01-29-2003, 10:05 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Dmouse forgot to mention that, to get the Holy Avenger, you have to go on to Dragon's Eye and find an item there, then come back with that to the graveyard (and a ferocious fight). Only worth doing if you have a paladin in the party.

Yeah, there's role-playing of sorts, but really, you're building up for HOF if you care to go on. It is exactly the same as normal mode, except the opponents are much more difficult, and the items are better.

Nightowl2
Old 01-30-2003, 01:02 AM   #8
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Oppps, thanks for correcting me nightowl. Yup just as he said, if you dont have a paladin its not worth doing it. You will end up with a good sword with no one able to use it.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:11 AM   #9
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Starting to play HOF mode now. So it is true that items are better. Do the items get better when you finish quests or when you are buying them off a seller?
Old 01-30-2003, 02:39 PM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Typically, it's the found/bought items that are superior, though I recall that some of the quest rewards are better. I think you get a better strength belt from the Mind Flayer in the underdark when you bring him his Ioun stone.

Nightowl2