Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #31
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Thanks guys. I will be sure to take your advice. I wanted to say a last thing. This dude IS older then me, but way littler. People make fun of me just because they know I won't do anything. I probably won't fight him since he is littler. Thanks once again guys.
Hey man, good luck! Take whatever advice you want from here, you have a wide selction! I hope the situation improves and I wish you good luck! The people here at IW are always ready to help! Once again, good luck! Show him what you've learned! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2003, 05:50 PM   #32
Irongrinder

I myself have never been bullied but I have seen some very stupid things. One guy who always got bullied tried to be friends and it did lessen the bullying, but instead they made use of his money and stuff like that. The best thing is just what many people said either try to 'diss' them out or in bad cases a nice punch on the guy's chin (makes him drop to the ground right away )

Also, do you guys do schoolsports? If so and you guys also shower, take a look at him to check for some physical problems, a small thing can be enough, like pretty hairy or something, to get back at him
Old 03-12-2003, 05:53 PM   #33
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Gotta weigh in with a last thought....

Something my dad told me years ago, that becomes more valid every day. If you play someone else's game, you lose. They make up the rules, and they make them so they will win.

Try insulting back, and you're playing his game. Odds are he's done it quite a bit, so he'll be able to make you look foolish easily.

You need to make a new game, where you make the rules. Then he plays, and you win.

Instead of insulting, noncommittal agreeable responses like "So?" "Thank you" and the others mentioned here change the nature of the game and put you in control. Insulting is meant to make you react; you win by not reacting.

If you're going to change the game to violence, which I don't personally recommend, then change it completely there. You've got some good tips and suggestions. You might want to narrow down the odds a bit beforehand, especially if there's a crowd. Point out that you're outnumbered seven to one, and even Bruce Lee had problems at that level. Force the other person to agree to one-on-one or lose face, and you reduce the possibility of problems from everyone else. Note I didn't say they go away, but they're reduced.

If you're going to fight, fight to win. And at all costs. Accept that you'll get hurt in the process, and make sure you hurt back. Nose, eyes, throat, groin -- all are vulnerable to a quick hit, and painful. Stomach -- you need a strong hit in the right spot. Go for just below the rib cage, top of the abdomen. Weaker muscles there, I believe.

And if you really want to get nasty, take out a knee. A hit to the front of the knee or the side of it will, if you follow through, incapacitate them. It may also cripple them, so be careful.

Hmmm... the more I read this, the more I think I don't like the violence option. Problem is that once it happens, you will be the one branded, because the other guy only attacked verbally. So, avoid violence if you can, but if you've got to go there, go there completely.

Good luck, and I hope you switch him to your game.

*B*
Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 PM   #34
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Thanks guys. I will be sure to take your advice. I wanted to say a last thing. This dude IS older then me, but way littler. People make fun of me just because they know I won't do anything. I probably won't fight him since he is littler. Thanks once again guys.
Well now...that does change the equation just a bit. I knew he was older, so I assumed he was also bigger. Since you are the larger of the two, that gives you a couple more options.

Since ignoring or "dissing" him isn't helping you're emotional well-being, I definitely suggest confronting him. Chances are, he ISN'T going to fight and he is counting on the fact that you won't either. Hopefully, this will play out the same way my example did. All you have to do is prove you are fed up and WILL fight if it continues. If he still keeps at it, I thoroughly endorse the "choke-slam" method. Grab him by the throat and shove him against the nearest wall (grab his throat firmly, so he'll have a hard time breaking your grip, but not so tight that he can't breathe - DON'T squeeze). I don't care how tough somebody thinks they are...this will scare the living daylights out of them - especially when they can't break free.

You might take a punch or two from him (and be sure to protect YOUR groin), but his punches will be weak. He will probably be using 1 hand to try and pull your arm loose.

Shove him against the wall and tell him you're fed up with him running his mouth. You expect to stop right now...because the NEXT time he mouths off, you might not be so calm about it (remember, you still have him in a choke-hold against the wall..and you are considering this to be a "calm reaction").

If it does actually come down to a full-fledged fight, the fact that you're bigger is trumped by him being older. Nobody is going to "look down" on you for beating up a smaller kid because he is also older. Since he's been picking on you, he brought it on himself (it would be entirely different if YOU were older AND bigger..then you would just have to ignore him).

This same situation actually happened in my school when I was a senior. One of my classmates - who was always looking for a fight - started picking on an 8th grader (the 8th grader was bigger, but was also 4 years younger). The 8th grader got tired of it and they had a knock-down fight in the hallway and the 8th grader won. Nobody "looked down" on the 8th grader for fighting, because he wasn't the one who started it. My classmate ended up having to live with the fact that a kid 4 years younger than him kicked his butt in front of all his friends. Needless to say, the 8th grader wasn't picked on much after that.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:14 PM   #35
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I never understood that. Why small guys have so much confidence to match their egos and think the tall guys aren't that brave. Though, it is something that can be rectified quite easy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 04:52 AM   #36
wellard
Dracolisk

Though I'm not to sure fighting is the way to go SG one thing I am sure of is that you have to end this NOW and I mean *N O W* confront him or confront the teachers. Maybe have someone from the church or a parent take it up discreatly with the school. They in turn will inform his parents or take apropiate action I am sure.

Please sg do not let this continue it will only get worse. Best wishes