Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #111
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Finally got WOW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Kakero, why wouldn't I go for a Sword-Dagger combo if I want a fast offhand? I can get daggers right now which are way better DPS than my Knightly Sword (which is level 33). Is it because I will miss out on my swords bonuses?
Yeah, since you are a combat sword rogue and spend points into sword specialization talent. It is unwise not to use swords in both hand.

Generally, offhand with sword does more white damage (autoattacking) than offhand with dagger. If anything, never put a dagger into your offhand.

The exception to this is the Mutilate build, since that build require daggers in both hand.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #112
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Can you guys look at my build again and tell me if this is ok so far?

I'm planning to stick around 49 for a while and pvp as I want to get some rewards (plus I'm having heaps of fun).

Kakero - check my gear and tell me where I can improve.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Scabandari

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #113
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Memsie, I'm no rogue expert so I won't go there.... just dropping you a line to say hope to see you online sometime soon.

And note: I'm a Very. Mad. Bird.

Apparently.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 AM   #114
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Can you guys look at my build again and tell me if this is ok so far?

I'm planning to stick around 49 for a while and pvp as I want to get some rewards (plus I'm having heaps of fun).

Kakero - check my gear and tell me where I can improve.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Scabandari
Your gear is nice. Are you sure you are not a twink? Nevertheless, try getting items which have both Agility and Stamina. Replace that helm, necklace, throwing axe. Also enchant your items if possible. You are looking for enchants that give either agility or attack power.

You might want to get this ring. http://thottbot.com/i9533

And try to do this rogue quest. http://thottbot.com/q8236

But doing those quests might give you a level up which you don't want yet.

Talent is fine, you might consider getting remorseless attack for a hard first strike on opponent. Or Improve Kick which can silence spell casters. Don't worry, these two does help in pve environment also.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #115
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Your gear is nice. Are you sure you are not a twink? Nevertheless, try getting items which have both Agility and Stamina. Replace that helm, necklace, throwing axe.
With what though? That was the best helm I could find for my level (keep in mind I haven't been doing instances). And I've been checking the AH for months now for decent throwing weapons and there are none till level 60.

Quote:
Also enchant your items if possible. You are looking for enchants that give either agility or attack power.
So I should get rid of the fiery weapon/icy weapon enchants then? Those cost me 30g all up. Bugger.

Quote:
You might want to get this ring. http://thottbot.com/i9533
I can do this - but I'd have to find a PUG to go into ZF right? I haven't really done instances other than running through lower level ones to farm. I suppose I could sneak through and try to kill the bosses?

Quote:
And try to do this rogue quest. http://thottbot.com/q8236
That's L50 unfortunately - I want to stay around 49 for a while and get some pvp gear before I level up again (mainly Insignia of the Alliance and Protector's Ring).

Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #116
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Hanging around 49 to get items isn't the best choice, in my opinion. Once you hit level 58, leveling speed DRASTICALLY increases, and you'll hit 70 quickly. THEN you can start getting all those nice items that you want.

Of course, you could just chill at 49 until patch 2.3 comes out, which will be increasing the leveling speed of pre-60 characters.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #117
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty4 View Post
Hanging around 49 to get items isn't the best choice, in my opinion. Once you hit level 58, leveling speed DRASTICALLY increases, and you'll hit 70 quickly. THEN you can start getting all those nice items that you want.

Of course, you could just chill at 49 until patch 2.3 comes out, which will be increasing the leveling speed of pre-60 characters.
I'm not just hanging around 49 to get items though - I'm enjoying pvping and once I hit 50 I'll have to wait another 8 levels at least to get into the BGs again. I want to try out AV as well.

My problem is that I rely so much on stealth that when I go into a BG at 50 I'm gimped as everyone can see me. So I want to be 49 for a while and get the pvp bug out of my system before leveling again.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #118
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Start doing instances. You are missing some great and FUN content. Seeing some of the instances in the game is alot more exciting than questing. I am talking about your first time round experience, and I think instancing should be part of it.

Staying at 49 in BG's isn't a bad option, but I wouldn't do it for long unless you are twinking. I twinked for a year there, so have hung out in every bracket for long periods. I love BG's personally and although it's not for everyone I had no issues twinking for months on end with no rewards that I could use at my level. But, if you are sitting there for weeks though hoping for just 1 or 2 pvp items then you have sat there too long IMO. But again, if you are having fun, go with it. You are also gaining rested xp.

Since you are melee and stealth based, you have two reasons to not go into a bracket at the early end (i.e. 50-55 ish). If you ever do btw, you need to take a different perspective on your role. As a low lvl you are a free target, so make that work for you. Be an annoyance, a distraction as your team caps the flag and 3 alliance pummel you to death midfield. Self-sacrifice is the name of the game here, but expect to see the spirit healer alot.

If you already have fiery/icy enchants, stick with them. I doubt you have the cash to spend on any worthy agi enchants (which is normal) so I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't worry much about itemization at all on the road upward, since you discard your items every few levels for new ones. I don't bother with enchants when levelling, unless they are easily and cheaply obtained. (Icy sucks though - dont bother with it since you have crippling poison anyway).
Old 10-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #119
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
With what though? That was the best helm I could find for my level (keep in mind I haven't been doing instances). And I've been checking the AH for months now for decent throwing weapons and there are none till level 60.
Keep on checking AH, sooner or later an agility/stamina gear might pop up.

Quote:
So I should get rid of the fiery weapon/icy weapon enchants then? Those cost me 30g all up. Bugger.
Keep fiery and get rid of icy since you use crippling. You might want to consider putting a crusader enchant. Though that is way overbudget and unrealstic for you (200g) and you'll probably dump that weapon once you find an upgrade. A + weapon damage enchant might be useful for you. Depending of course on your budget.

And no, I wasn't talking about your weapon enchants, I was talking about your armour enchants. If you have the money, try getting agility or attack power. Since you are in a guild, try making friends with an enchanter and see if he is willing to enchant for you without a fee.

Quote:
I can do this - but I'd have to find a PUG to go into ZF right? I haven't really done instances other than running through lower level ones to farm. I suppose I could sneak through and try to kill the bosses?
You can either pug or ask your guild for help. If your guild aren't willing to help. /gquit

No, I doubt you'll be able to solo any equal level instance boss.

Watch out, getting into an instance might give you a level up that you don't want yet.

Quote:
That's L50 unfortunately - I want to stay around 49 for a while and get some pvp gear before I level up again (mainly Insignia of the Alliance and Protector's Ring).
You are 1 level away from Mutilate.

But yeah, once you level up to 50, you can't go bg again until 59. Not for a stealth character anyway.

Last edited by Kakero; 10-17-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #120
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Keep on checking AH, sooner or later an agility/stamina gear might pop up.

Well, I was able to get a Helm of Fire (I bought it, I can actually make it but am too low level to farm the mats) and am now using that for the Agi and Sta bonuses.

Quote:
Keep fiery and get rid of icy since you use crippling. You might want to consider putting a crusader enchant. Though that is way overbudget and unrealstic for you (200g) and you'll probably dump that weapon once you find an upgrade. A + weapon damage enchant might be useful for you. Depending of course on your budget.
Well, I got rid of both - a priest on my guild has 375 enchantment and my guildies were nice enough to "loan" me (to be paid back if/when I hit 70) enough money to put mongoose on my main sword and +15 agi on the offhand. I thought of putting Mongoose on the offhand as that's my quicker sword, but my main hand sword is Bloodrazor which I think I'll be holding on to much longer than the other one.

I'm enjoying my combat swords build though - and since I feel like my weapons are pretty good I don't want to have to downsize back to green daggers (I already owe my guildies enough as it is for mongoose).