Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
Korvanik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am just done in durlags tower and have returned to ulghot`s beard. And the cult stole the dagger you get after you kill the demonknight. And now i am in the basment of the cults house and they have raised Aec'Letec. But no matter what i do he kills me and my party members explodes so i can't revive them. So now i asking for a good strategy to kill him.

This is my first message and i am not English speeking so have patience wiht my spelling.

[ 02-28-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Korvanik ]
Old 02-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The primary weapon that Aec'Letec uses that causes you so much pain is his Death Gaze. Here are 3 very good ways around it:
  • You don't need to send your whole party down the stairs at once. You could just send your Tank (who should have REALLY good Saving Throws) into battle: Aec'Letec uses his Death Gaze, your Tank makes his Saving Throw and is unharmed by it, and since Aec can only use his Death Gaze a couple of times, you can now safely bring the rest of your party downstairs to help kick his butt.
  • Potions of Mirrored Eyes aren't just for Basilisks--they protect against ALL forms of gaze attacks.
  • If a party member fails their Saving Throw against the Death Gaze, you have a few seconds before they actually die. (They get a little icon in their portrait that looks like a cobra, and it says "Dying" in their Record screen. If this happens, you can usually hit that character with a Dispel Magic or an Arrow of Dispelling, and save their life.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

First let me say Welcome to the Ironworks Forum Korvanik.
This is how I killed the Cultists and the Demon Aec'Letec and none of my team get hurt.
1st,I cast protection from Evil on my mage and my main tank then They drink potion of invisable and runs down to area where the Cultists have raised Aec'Letec. the Tank sneeks across room to far wall and waits,
2nd, Mage cast Cloudkill and the Demon appears. My mage runs back up stairs.
3rd, double click on my tank NPC so you can see him,
4th, drink more invisable potions as needed until cloudkill has disipated and all cultists close to main door are killed then lure remaining cultists and Demom to far side of room when they get close but not to close drink another invisable potion and hide again.
5th, At this time bring mage down again and cast another cloudkill and have mage run back up stairs,this kills remaining cultists and the demon and no body dies but the bad guys.
This worked for me twice now in different big fights. so try it you'll like it!
Old 03-01-2003, 04:30 AM   #4
Midget Gems

That's quite a good tactic CrimsonB but I think that running up and down the stairs is a bit messy, you should be able to do the whole thing in one visit provided you can move A-L-T from the middle of the room. My recent posting on 'Tales of the Unexpected' told of my last visit to the Cultists. There have also been lots of other threads if you use Search.
Korvanik if you don't have tha spells and potions needed, then just keep dispelling those gaze attacks and be sure to kill all the Cult Gaurd as soon as possible.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:53 AM   #5
Korvanik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thank you all for your replies and i will try them right now. And thanks again because that demon really got on my nerves.