Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2003, 11:24 PM   #1
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I know this is really sad, but I have played a solo game with a human ranger through Baldurs' Gate: TotSC, and SoA, but when I get to the first test, I die every time. Even if I become the slayer, i can't get to all the guys fast enough.

P.S. It's also hard to get over the initial shock of seeing good Kobold commandos.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:12 AM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Sorry, but you have to be a little bit more specific on this. If you're talking about last fights to get to Mellisan, then it shouldn't be too hard. Use any protection spells that your ranger gets, use the strongest weapons you may have like Crom Faeyr, the Equalizer, Soul Reaver, anything overly powerful, and throw on your best armor and you should do ok. I hope this is what you were talking about, if not, pardon my stupidity.

Later
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 08:09 AM   #3
Fiend
Manshoon

I think the brainless one is talking about the first planar/portal test right at the beginning of ToB. if u have the boots of speed and GWW, just equip your best weapons and attack. Also if rangers can cast remove fear (cant remember) use that as i think the ogre mages cast horror/fear/terror?? If you still cant beat them, hire mage with fireball and burn the suckers.

ADD] the brainless one might also be talking about the tests at the end of SoA, in which case forget everything i just said.

[ 02-24-2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Fiend ]
Old 02-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

No, because he's talking about getting attacked by multiple guys and the first test in hell, all you do is fight Sarevok. But, I think he is talking about the planar pocket, which shouldn't be too bad because you'll either fight kobolds or commoners for the most part I think.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry guys(or gals), I did mean the first test in the beginning of the game. I didn't know of another at the end of the game(whoops!). I talked nicely to Sarevok, and avoided fighting him. My first test begins with a fat man talking, then replaced by several drow warriors, who disappear when defeated, to be replaced by Kobold Commandos, and it goes on and on. Also, I am solo, so cannot have others in my group.
-Brainless One
Old 02-24-2003, 10:27 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

What are your weapon proficiencies? A good shield, some potions and you should be set to go.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:38 PM   #7
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I can't remember the exact number, but my proficiencies are in bow, katana, wakizashi etc., long sword, two hand combat, sword+shield combat. My problem is getting to the archers quick enough, because they like never miss, and my potions disappear
l
i
k
e

t
h
a
t.
-Brainless One
Old 02-24-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It is at times like this that you take out your Potion Bag and start drinking as many combat boosting potions as you can. Examples include, in no particular order, Potion of Heroism, Potion of Regeneration, Potion of Power, Potion of Defence, Oil of Speed, etc... ...

You drink these before you initiate the test of course. You have spells too, so maintain Armour of Faith at all times. Celestial Fury should be in your main-hand, while the Sentinel Shield is in your off-hand.

If you still have difficulties with the archers, switch to the Shield of Reflection.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:15 PM   #9
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Of course! The shield of reflection! Dundee, you are a genius yet again! Voila!
-Brainless One