Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2002, 01:29 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

The most annoying for me is the blasted good for nothing tounge twisting 2 eyed yellow reptile Basilisks! But luckily they are not in soa only in BG 1 (Oh how much i hated that game)
Old 12-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #2
Gammit
Elminster

a lich (shudders at memories of first trying to bring them down)
Old 12-28-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
dark soul
The Magister

VAMPIRES!!!!......there lvl drainin skill is a pain and sometimes a waste of money if u dont have a cleric in ur party that can cast a restore spell and their domination spell is just annoyin when they dominate ur tank and use it against u......
dark soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Mind Flayers are nasty creatures. Believe me, it's very tough to go through the Underdark with a solo Fighter. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 03:19 PM   #5
Brennihelvete

Ah, most annoying creature would be the dragon. Theres nothing more frustrating fighting Firkraag with a low lvl party of lvl 9-10, then battling him for like 15 minutes including a 100 quicksaves and twice as many reloads and when hes near death he cast the healing spell...
Woooo did you see that monitor flying trough that window?
Old 12-28-2002, 03:34 PM   #6
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mind flayers have got my vote. In particular, their INT drain which seems to kill you faster than any drain attack in the game.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 03:34 PM   #7
drewal
Drow Warrior

Not for difficulty, but sheer annoyance factor, the mephit portal room in the much-maligned Irenicus dungeon.

This is the room you enter right after picking Yoshimo up.

This may be the most annoying point in the entire game.

First you have to mess with the portals for the twentieth time, and then listen to Jaheira - if you didn't leave her in her cage - whine about her simpering boyfriend Kahlid, who has been vivisected on the table.

It's not hard, just tiresome, and my annoyance at Irenicus' dungeon generall peaks at this point.

I know there is the patch that removes the dungeon, but I'd prefer to suffer through, if only for the chance to blast the dryads with a fireball.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #8
rhapsody407
Manshoon

shadows/shades/skeleton knights and whatever else have you. all they do is ruin a good night's sleep, and serve no other point. You wake up, they charge right into a cleric who is turning undead. they successfully waste your time, having to see the same camping movie 4 or 5 times before finally restoring your spells.

one time i was awoken by an adamantite (sp?) golem. he made sure i had a good long rest...for eternity.
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:10 PM   #9
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Stone golems are quite annoying. They do too much damage per hit, and they hit often.

I think the memphit portal room is great. Memphits are easy as anything. Where Jaheira´s whining is normally highly annoying, this is the place when the voice actor can put some life to the character.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:16 PM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

THE most annoying? When one of your party turns on you due to a spell - and your forced to stop him/her perhaps even slay them - thats an annoying setback.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote