Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 09:29 AM   #121
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh my.....they'll film just about anything these days, won't they?

I was just talking to my fiance and a good friend about all the hype and 'reality' shows out there, last night.

I mean we turn on the tv and a quick surf of channels turns up no less than four of them all at one time! There's so many it's hard to keep track- the dating ones (apologies as I don't recall all the actual names of some of them so I'll give it a 'close description' attempt!)"Real Joe, Rich Joe, Bachelor, Bachelorette, let's see if we can break up a couple by matching them with others-was that some Island thing?, this celebrity one, My big fat obnoxious fiance, one I saw on travel tv where the 'contestants' look over a person's (of opposite gender) room then they run off with assistants from the show to buy stuff for that person to travel with the winner to another city on a 'date' trip- the one whose suitcase the traveler likes most gets to go on the date...etc.

Then of course there are the other shows (again apologies for title mixups! LOL ) Survivor, Celebrity Survivor, Big Brother, Extreme this that or the other (everything from sky diving to hair dressing [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), a new one I heard about that is some guy who gets to make a show about his life but has to find real people to act in it, that show with Trump in it....etc etc!

After a while, the mind boggles!

[ 02-27-2004, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 02-27-2004, 09:40 AM   #122
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hey Cloudy, do you know when Oasis will be back up? I had a look right now and its in maintenence mode, when you taking it off that?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #123
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ross, it's down because of problems with the host and we're moving to another one, so it should be back up in a few days. I sent emails but since the current problem is due to the host server losing data back to November...grrrr... we don't have everyone on our mail list.

Just check in a few days, maybe Sunday or Monday, I can't be sure. But we ARE working on it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #124
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

OK Cloudy, thanks for the info. Ahwell, a nice day out side, still snowing (thats 4 days now) and its pretty deep! Everything around is just white!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #125
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Snow...aaaaaaaaaack! *makes a cross with both hands* You keep that stuff, Ross! LOL I'm heartily sick of snow by now! We are finally going to get some warmer temperatures this weekend. It may reach 40 F!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #126
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hey! I am at IW again. I didn`t had the time becuase of the school., [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #127
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Hello Xen, You must be very proud of Ronaldinho at the moment. did you see the match?
Old 02-27-2004, 08:17 PM   #128
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Snow...aaaaaaaaaack! *makes a cross with both hands* You keep that stuff, Ross! LOL I'm heartily sick of snow by now! We are finally going to get some warmer temperatures this weekend. It may reach 40 F!
So THAT's where our warmth has escaped to. Sheesh, this is getting ridiculous. Where is the spring hiding? I want to be able to play outside with the children without getting frost bite.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:53 AM   #129
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I don't get it. According to my uncle, who's down here visiting right now, it's nice and warm up in PA, where he lives, but down here it's cold enough that you can't even open the windows, at least not if you want to stay warm. Well, tomorrow, or today depending on how you look at it, my sister, mom, uncle, uncle's fiance, and I are going to Sawgrass Mall (3rd largest mall in the US IIRC) for the beginning of the day. Then around 5-ish I have to be at the new Church property for parking team. Gotta teach the congregation how to park all over again. Most of the parking lot is grass, due to some insane city property laws.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 02-28-2004, 05:52 AM   #130
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Awrite all, howz everyone? Have fun FSA!

Im pretty good, just looking outside in awe, this is the biggest blizzard yet, and they said it wasnt supposed to be as heavy today. Also Im supposed to be working tonight, dunno if Il manage to get there or not though.