Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 07:59 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gen "Black Jack" Pershing was born Sept 13th 1860 near Laclede ,MS.He died July 15th 1948 in Washington D.C
Highlights of his life.
1891 Professor of Military Science & Tactics,Univer.Neb.
1898 Serves in the Spanish American War
1901 Awarded rank of Captain
1906 Prmoted to rank of Brigadier General
1909 Military Governor of Moro Province,Phillipines
1916 Promoted to Major General
1919 Promoted to General of the Army
1926 Retires from active duty.Teaches at W.Point
Just before WW1 there was a number of terrorist attacks on the U.S.Forces in the Phillipines by Muslum exteamists.So General Pershing captured 50 terrorits and had them tied to posts for execution.He then had his men bring in 2 pigs and slaughter them in front of the now horrified terrorists.
Muslums detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals.Some of them simply refuse to eat it,while others won't even touch pigs at all,nor any of their by products.To them eating or touching a pig,its meat,its blood is to be instantly barred from paradise(and those virgins) and are doomed to hell.
The soldiers were ordered to soak their bullets in the pigs blood,and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a large hole ,dumped in the dead terrorists and covered them in pigs blood, entrails etc.They let the 50th man go.And for the next 42 years there was not a single Muslum extreanist attack anywhere in the world!
Maybe its time for history to repeat itself?Maybe in Iraq? Where do we find another "Black Jack" Pershing?
Old 04-01-2003, 08:24 PM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

He was also my wifes great grandfather. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:45 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
They let the 50th man go.And for the next 42 years there was not a single Muslum extreanist attack anywhere in the world!
Not a reported attack in 42 years.

The hope of finding a new Blackjack is complete and total BS. [img]smile.gif[/img]

No reasonable person realistically hopes to find that type person today (nearly a century later), but those who oppose the war would ab-so-lute-ly love to find one.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:15 AM   #4
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Maybe its time for history to repeat itself?Maybe in Iraq? Where do we find another "Black Jack" Pershing?
Ask the British about their history in the ME in the 1920's.
I assure you that the muslim attacks were bloody enough to be remembered - many of the fallen British troops from that period are buried in Bagdad - their graves are still there.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:35 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

No reasonable person realistically hopes to find that type person today (nearly a century later), but those who oppose the war would ab-so-lute-ly love to find one.
Ah, but that's a pretty insulting thing to say.*
But why would we war opposers want to find another lunatic ready to execute a number of supposed terrorists (how guilty were they really?) without any trial?
Just so "we could use it as an argument against the war"? Ah, but you know us better than that, Ronn; you know we (or at least I) value human life way more than that. I mean, if Saddam were to capture 50 US soldiers and executed 49 of them, would you rather have the case it would make in favour of the Iraqi war or would you rather have it that it never happened in the first place?

*actually, it is not. But hey, everyone is using the word "insulting" to open their defense posts lately, so it has to be hip enough for me to use it as well!
Old 04-02-2003, 03:42 AM   #6
Masklinn

Quote:
but those who oppose the war would ab-so-lute-ly love to find one.
Hell no !

Quote:
ab-so-lute-ly love
I'm quite shocked...

I totally agree with Groj's post there...
Old 04-02-2003, 04:31 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

I would love to see the end of Muslim Fundamentalism and world terrorism. Pershings actions would only escalate the problem. It's simply too short term. Look outside the box!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:26 AM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Ah, but that's a pretty insulting thing to say.*
But why would we war opposers want to find another lunatic ready to execute a number of supposed terrorists (how guilty were they really?) without any trial?
Just so "we could use it as an argument against the war"? Ah, but you know us better than that, Ronn; you know we (or at least I) value human life way more than that. I mean, if Saddam were to capture 50 US soldiers and executed 49 of them, would you rather have the case it would make in favour of the Iraqi war or would you rather have it that it never happened in the first place?

*actually, it is not. But hey, everyone is using the word "insulting" to open their defense posts lately, so it has to be hip enough for me to use it as well!
Well insulting or not, it was poorly stated on my part. Sorry! [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I should have said was that there are those that would like to associate this type attitude with pro-war leaders and supporters, who would like to insinuation that such a plan would actually be considered, and who would promote the misguided belief that pro-war people actually believe these things are good and could work.

[ 04-02-2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 04-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I would love to see the end of Muslim Fundamentalism and world terrorism. Pershings actions would only escalate the problem. It's simply too short term. Look outside the box!!!
I agree. Actions like General Pershing's in a modern day setting would probably only inspire certain muslims to switch from their moderate opinion to a more fundamentalistic one, and will most likely increase the number of fundamentalists (or "terrorists", if you'd like) as a result.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:47 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Well insulting or not, it was poorly stated on my part. Sorry! [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I should have said was that there are those that would like to associate this type attitude with pro-war leaders and supporters, who would like to insinuation that such a plan would actually be considered, and who would promote the misguided belief that pro-war people actually believe these things are good and could work.
Poorly stated or not, I knew you weren't trying to offend anyone; that's just not your style. Apology accepted, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyways... I can see your points, I just don't think they'd apply to the majority of the war opposers; don't think there are any Ironworkers who'd ever think this way, either. [img]smile.gif[/img]
However, I'm not so naive to think there aren't any nutcases who'd perhaps actually support a reasoning of such a terrible nature (and you'll probably find them on both sides of the argument). Just like there are narrow-minded people practically hoping for a terrible crime to be committed by a member of a certain minority, just because it strengthens their own stereotypes and generalizations and gives them an excuse to blame the entire minority for it, there are probably people around who are hoping for the US troops to ignore their own morals and ethics of war and cause unnecessary* and uncalled for deaths. I doubt (hope?) you'll find anyone with the latter reasoning here on Ironworks, though. All I and most people around here want is this war to be over as soon as possible and with as few casualties as possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*relatively speaking; as in my opinion, any death during a war is unnecessary

[ 04-02-2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote