Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 06:02 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Now keep in mind this is not the first time this happened. (my first mistake)I was hungry so I went to taco bell. I mean I felt like eating mexican food and they had hard tacos on sale 2 for $0.98 so I had to get some of that. I usually get special orders and they always screw it up if you go through the drivethrough, so i went into the store to order. They were really dead and there was 3 people working so I was hoping beyond hopes that they wouldnt screw up my order. I was pretty hungry so i went to the counter and ordered 4 hard tacos without lettuce. Now in the course of the order I had to say no lettuce at least 4 seperate times. I mean i was polite and all, but I was very specific to say NO LETTUCE at least 4 times. and the manager waited on me so It was looking good so far. I thought they were finally going toi actually get my order right. so I saw the manager go back there and make my tacos, and then bring them to me. At this time I asked him if he made them without lettuce and he said that he did. (my second mistake) I figured at least the manager would be competent enough to get my order right, so I didn't check the bag to make sure it was right. Of course I get home and lo and behold lettuce on my tacos. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] I mean I did work in the fast food industry before and I understand that things get screwed up sometimes, but the only customer on a slow tuesday afternoon, with the manager making my food and they still manage to screw it up. They put 3 things on a taco how hard is it to leave just one of them off? Its not like this is the first time either. I think they've screwed up my order the last 3 times I have been there in a row. If anyone can come up with a reasonable explaination to explain this I would be most appreciative. I mean the only thing I can come up with is the emplpoyees doing too much [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] If you have anything else to explain this please respond.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:17 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Remember, the people hired in these august organizations are unlikely to be the sort who can put two and two together, and thus be engaged to handle large sums of money at a bank. As a result, their opportunities for employment are rather limited. In the good old days, many were employed as minesweepers, and when there weren't any mines to sweep, they were laid down just for that purpose.

We don't do fast food any longer--stopped about six months ago, when I gave up Wendy's because my doctor raised one eyebrow to my cholesterol. But I remember with no fondness many problems concerning confused orders, ingredients added or left out. This, despite the fact that they make a point of trying to place high-powered managerial types in many of their locations. But let's face it: you can poke a sow in the rear to help her move faster, but that doesn't mean she's going to knit a silk purse anytime soon.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:22 PM   #3
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I think you have to ask yourself, is lettuce really that bad? Or does it give you a [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] ...heheh

But they are fast-food, and fast-food is the gods of the modern working classes, so you cant really do anything about it. Which is a shame, because you should get what you pay for.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:26 PM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I have the exact same problem with Burger King and KFC; McDonalds isn't too bad but they seem to think that I don't deserve sauce with my nuggets (always ask what flavour I want then never give it to me!)
Subway is my choice as you get to see them make it, it's low on fat and it tastes delish.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Last week I ordered from Pizza Hut( and yea I know they suck but its easy)-I ordered extra sauce on the pizzas I ordered. They deliver them- light sauce. I call and complain, they send two more pizzas. Yes, light/no sauce agian. Furious, I called the manager and asked if his employees were retarded. He replied...no. I had to wonder and asked about training. He replied....I have $15 credit on my next order. What a putz. Plus I got the 4 pizzas, not that they were edible, I gave them away at work.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:07 PM   #6
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Its not like its brain surgery. They could train a labotomized monkey to do most of the tasks involved in it, and I bet that they monkey would probably have a better success ratio on getting your order right. Lets just thank whatever God you worship that we have a food service industry or these people would be employed in other professions. For instance what if one of them was your doctor. Thats one of those stories you hear about the doctor operating on the wrong person or body part, or forgetting some surgical equipment inside someone.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:33 PM   #7
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

They do it to piss you off. They know you are going to be miles away before you find out they screwed you over. They are laughing and claping each other on the back.

Wait...that sounds like something I heard in a movie once.
Some show with two cops and some runty guy...
Old 01-23-2002, 12:37 AM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
For instance what if one of them was your doctor. Thats one of those stories you hear about the doctor operating on the wrong person or body part, or forgetting some surgical equipment inside someone.

That does happen, I saw an x-ray of a foot long, 2 inch wide steel tool they left inside someone for 5 months before it was discovered!
Old 01-23-2002, 08:50 AM   #9
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

The service industry completely stinks nowadays.
I went to a wendys 6 months ago and was really enjoying(cough, cough) my meal when I bit into something hard..it was a piece of plastic of some kind. I took my sandwich to the manager and showed him. He wisked the sandwich out of my hand and gave me a new one in seconds. I said "what if I swallowed that piece of plastic" real loud. His response was "You have a fresh new sandwich now..and I will give you a credit slip for a free meal". Everyone went back to eating. I returned to that same place a week later. I presented my credit slip to the cashier and was refused. The manager came over..same guy.. and said that he couldn't honor the 3$ credit slip that he signed personally.. he never signed that slip...
Now what would you guys do at this point..?
Well he completely pissed me off with his reponse.. I said "oh, you will honor your credit slip for HAVING FOUND PLASTIC DEBRIS IN MY SANDWICH!" I kept going on until the 3$ came out of his pocket! He never admitted what really happened and just made it look like I was a crazed patron.
What the heck is wrong with people!!! Mybe I should have thrown the sandwich at him and left. Ahhhhhh.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:08 PM   #10
MagiK

You all are missing the real point [img]smile.gif[/img] The average Human Being has an IQ around 110 or so...now technically this is not the official definition of MORON but it aint far up the ladder...and by being the "average" IQ you're looking at least half the people being BELOW this level.....add to this the fact that half the people employed (or more than half) at fast food joints may not even have english as a SECOND language skill and I think you will see the real reasoning behind our fast food ordering problems.

Fast food joints recruit from the SHALLOW end of the gene pool

Edits for gross typo's and spelling errors....

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]