Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've logged in a few times recently and found that the sever is puttting me into a party.

Is this deliberate or perhaps the server throwing a wobbley.

Nice one Roddybug. I logged in today, got added to your party and saw you hacking your way through the Proving Grounds without getting too much damage
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've noticed that from time to time as well, it's pretty easy to change it to all one party though, and in the past, this is what has happened.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
roddybug
Manshoon

I noticed you there too Greything but I was a bit distracted to say hello at the time! Sorry about that. I was just visiting the proving grounds before they become difficult to reach for quite a while. Toro hasn't been there for months and my other recent attempt was brief, to say the least - "ow, ow, splat" a few times before I ran for it.
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah when Z resets the server sometimes it automatically sets itself to 1 party mode.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Greything? You log on as "greygrey" right? I've seen some of your builds and they have not been doing too badly for themselves, either. My Level 40 Barbarian can't even attempt the Proving Grounds. *cries* I'll have to start again with a Barbarian/Weaponmaster or Fighter/Weaponmaster build. There HAS to be a way to make a competant barbarian slayer for this server...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Mozenwrathe. Good to see you in the proving grounds the other day.

If the log in name has got a grey in it then it's probably me.

Barbarians get big HP but that's not so good when the Drow in the Proving Grounds are taking chunks and taking them often. Took me ages to understand that.

I hope it's not a spoiler if I suggest your barbarians take Heavy Armour as a feat. That way you get access to the best protection in Undermountain (at least until we see what's in the new hakpak). If you want to get through without magic then Weaponmaster is good with its critical spread. You will still need to make sure your build has a high AB to be sure of hitting those Proving Grounds Drow (especially Democ - as someone else said, he has an insane regeneration rate).
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the advice, Greything! I was thinking for the barbarian to try a Bar/WM (as I posted elsewhere already), but if I am going that route, would I really need much in the way of Dexterity? I mean, if I am going to be capped by the armor anyway, I might as well through it all into Strength, leaving Dexterity and Intelligence around 13. With the UltraTankArmor (you know the ones), it caps my Dexterity bonus to +1 anyway, so I am better off getting more in the way of Constitution and Strength to give me more to work with and a better chance to beatdown. And wouldn't taking WeaponMaster (if I go that route) automatically give me Heavy Armor capability?

*briefly ponders a Barbarian Blackguard combination...*
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

For a barb, you want high str/const anyway, for some of the epic rages, it will be required. Weapon masters gain no additional proficiencies, so I'd say no to the free heavy armor feat.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I am going to have to go and hunt down my manual for this game, or look for one online. That way I can plan out the character from first level. I need to find out what attributes I can leave behind and which ones I need to sit at least around 13 to 15 in order to even qualify for the feats required to build up a proper war machine, barbarian style that is.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #10
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Mozenwrathe, try the Neverwinter grimoire . It is more bug-free than the Official Bioware Manual.
javan is offline   Reply With Quote