Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 07:52 AM   #1
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. I been searching for sound packs all day, and canīt find any... I am starting the whole BG-series over again, with 3 different chars, one is asian-like. Could anyone tip me of a good site with sounds (NOT Fileplanet, since I have to que, canīt stand that with my modem, and that suggest I should do the voices, I sound like a dork).
2. Has anyone tried out this file (I found it on a site, canīt remember the adress) where you can bring Xan, Ajantis, Kivan and... one more char from BG1 to BG2? SOunds awesome, but does it work?
3. Just out of curiosity, can you, when finished with BG1, change your chars class (within kit that is)? For example I play through with a fighter, can I make him a kensai in BG2?
Zayron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:02 AM   #2
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Zayron:
1. I been searching for sound packs all day, and canīt find any... I am starting the whole BG-series over again, with 3 different chars, one is asian-like. Could anyone tip me of a good site with sounds (NOT Fileplanet, since I have to que, canīt stand that with my modem, and that suggest I should do the voices, I sound like a dork).
2. Has anyone tried out this file (I found it on a site, canīt remember the adress) where you can bring Xan, Ajantis, Kivan and... one more char from BG1 to BG2? SOunds awesome, but does it work?
3. Just out of curiosity, can you, when finished with BG1, change your chars class (within kit that is)? For example I play through with a fighter, can I make him a kensai in BG2?
A1) Can't help with that!
A2) I think it should, but you will find that they probably won't have any scripting.....
A3) Yes! I took a Thief class in BG1 and then when I imported my character it asked me what kit I wanted....

DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 09:26 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

1) I'm pretty sure Havak has some soundsets. Plus that there is some on that blue website which-name-cannot-be-mentioned.

2) I haven't heard of this before. I probably would have if it is any good.

3) Yes, you can. All classes get's to choose from the kits when starting SoA. If you are a Mage, however, or a Fighter, I'm pretty sure that you can't choose to then by a Sorcerer/Barbarian or Monk.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 10:00 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Look here for sounds or chars. And let popups load, they get money for it .
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 10:49 AM   #5
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys youīve been really helpful! Another thing, I noticed that several peeps here got different sub names(like Drizzt, emerald dragon etc.) how do you get these? Iīve been this Elite guard since I joined a year ago [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #6
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, and DJG, what did you mean by no scripting? They wonīt talk thatīs it? Or that they donīt use those selected behaviour thingys (which I never use)?
Old 11-06-2002, 10:54 AM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Thanks guys youīve been really helpful! Another thing, I noticed that several peeps here got different sub names(like Drizzt, emerald dragon etc.) how do you get these? Iīve been this Elite guard since I joined a year ago [img]smile.gif[/img]
You have a certain avatar depending on how many posts you have. So say for example you have thirty something posts this makes you are a elite waterdeep guard but post more until you have say 100 posts and your avatar will change. Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:03 AM   #8
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Then Iīll keep posting [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 11:05 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Just remember not to spam.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:07 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Just ten more until, um, Dungeon Master if memory serves. Its been a while. The rules and regulations has a list of ranks if your interested.