Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 07:23 AM   #1
dragon_lord
Elminster

Just finished SOA and TOB with a dual wielding ranger. In SOA he was using Celestial Fury and Crom Faeyr and that was going well, but the celestial fury loses its bite when getting into TOB. Heading to the Oasis and killing Jamis i found the Answerer +4 on him, i hadnt noticed the potential of this Sword before. With each hit the opponents AC is lowered by 2 and Magic Resistance is lowered by 15%. Combined with Crom Faeyr my ranger was able to cut through hordes and tougher monsters like no tomorrow. The -15% MR is very good for fighting goons with high MR as it allows my sorc (Tashia) not to waste her valuble casting time on Lower Resistance. Truth be told i didnt use Tashia's supreme magic skills much because it just made battles way to easy and my fighters redundant (Time Stop + Alacrity + 3 or so Horrid Wiltings + Dragons Breathe + Planaters etc = dead monster). What are peoples favourite dual wielding combos? Defender of East Haven + Crom Faeyr seems like a good combo that alot of people like to use, are there any other good combos?
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:31 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Defender of Easthaven +3 plus Flail of Ages +5. Brutal defensively, and offensively. Best used by Barbarians, Paladins, Rangers, Clerics and various combinations of the Cleric class.

Most damaging? Most probably Crom Faeyr +5 plus Flail of Ages +5.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:36 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, I just found the Answerer too, and I'm using it a fair bit. I also found the axe that is vorpal, though I forget the name. That's what I've been dual-wielding w/ my Ranger in ToB. I even put my first proficiency in Axe to boost the thing. My problem is my bag-o-longswords has gotten out of hand. Due to the beneficial magic they impart in differing circumstances I'm still carrying around the Daystar, Dragon Sword, Equalizer, and Adjatha, though I have the Answer and the +4 Flame Sword. It's getting rather annoying ,I must say. I'm thinking about tossing some magic swords at the local GoodWill drop.

Gotta love Faerun - magic magic everywhere.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:30 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

I was thinking Defender of Easthaven +3 and crom fayer for my Fighter-cleric .. defense combined with some nice offense [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2002, 12:23 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When my Half-Orc Barbarian finishes BG1 and SoA, he's gonna be weilding nothing but Foebane and the Axe of Unyielding. Combined with his 25 CON and various regeneration items, he's gonna be almost impossible to kill by physical means. Now if he could only cast Tenser's Transformation......
Old 10-28-2002, 12:39 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Why not go for near physical immunity, SixOfSpades?

20% + 20% + 40% = 80% [img]smile.gif[/img]

Throw in the Ronarchs Horn and you have immunity to Crushing Damage. See that blow by Balthazar? It is healing you.

80% physical damage resistance is not to be scoffed at. What used to deal 40 damage, now deals a piddly 8 damage. [img]tongue.gif[/img] If you factor in your Foebane... heh, heh, heh... ...
Old 10-28-2002, 12:58 PM   #7
badet
Dungeon Master

What about blackrazor?
Old 10-28-2002, 01:10 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Now that is one weapon I have not heard being mentioned in a long time.

"What is Blackrazor?", "Where can I find Blackrazor?", "What is the cheatcode for Blackrazor?", "Can I still remain good and get Blackrazor?"

*cough* *cough*

Anyway, Blackrazor is nice and all, but you need to be Evil to get it in the first place, and other weapon combinations can easily beat it; but there is nothing to stop a player from using it.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:34 PM   #9
badet
Dungeon Master

nope, u dont have to be evil, i just killed him and stole it "But isnt that evil and all that?" No! The guy where living in the lands near hell. He have to have done something?

Hm, isnt the blackrazor a _really_ gr8 sword? What combinations can beat it?
Old 10-28-2002, 02:02 PM   #10
badet
Dungeon Master

The Answerer +4 and the Blackrazor...

With every hit it has a 15% chance of draining 4 levels, healing the wielder by 20 hit points, and hasting him for 20 seconds as well as increasing his strength by 3 points for 20 seconds. Each hit lowers opponents' Magic Resistance by 15% , Each hit applies a penalty of -2 to opponents' AC.

When the haste is kicking in, the enemy is dead, period.

So, lets see. Im abit lucky, and drains 4 levels, im hasted, im healed, and i got a kick-ass stength. Now my swords are flying around, draining levels, lowering the ac alot, and they dont got no magic resistance at all.

Scenario: Im attacking a lethal dude, (ac-17, 75% MR, level 20), after a few seconds he got ac 0, level 10, no magic resistance. Ill think i'll send in a commoner to kill him.