Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 09:26 PM   #11
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Yes only natural intelligence counts. But you don't get level 9 spells until you're a level 17 wizard so you'll have four chances to raise your intellect. Note this same rule applies to all spellcasters, so you can't afford to neglect your rangers wisdom for instance.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:39 AM   #12
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

I dont know if its a rumor or not, but sone one said there were tombs in this one like there were in BG2 so a "Tomb of Intell" or what not. I think it might be a rumor though.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:49 AM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Y'know, I don't have NWN yet, but just reading this one thread makes me say: Munchkin Heaven

I thought that BG2 was bad, but seeing that you can have any stat get past 25 without cheating then it's insane, I've just reconsidered getting NWN, I'd almost decided on getting it, now I'm not so sure any longer.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:00 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Y'know, I don't have NWN yet, but just reading this one thread makes me say: Munchkin Heaven

I thought that BG2 was bad, but seeing that you can have any stat get past 25 without cheating then it's insane, I've just reconsidered getting NWN, I'd almost decided on getting it, now I'm not so sure any longer.
Neb, you never considered that you actually might need that high scores to finish the game on the most difficult level did you???

From France I ill hopefully be able to let a pretty forceful party of characters see why Goblinoids are to be feared even for high level parties!

Munchkin? No, possibilities!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:11 PM   #15
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:

It has to do with the new 3ED rules not the "munchkinism" of the game. In 3ED stats are not capped at 25, and seem much more reasonable. For example, a gargantuan dragon has a strength in the neighborhood of 40, compare this to a strong human fighter of 20 and it seems right. I never liked the 2ED standard of 3-25 when a strong human was 18 and then you have to sandwich all other supernatural and/or large creatures into 7 points up to 25. So instead of looking at 25 as the cap, look at a dragon at 40 and realize that a human will never get that strong (even with all the buffs), and that is the way it should be. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 05:16 PM   #16
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Madriver:
quote:

It has to do with the new 3ED rules not the "munchkinism" of the game. In 3ED stats are not capped at 25, and seem much more reasonable. For example, a gargantuan dragon has a strength in the neighborhood of 40, compare this to a strong human fighter of 20 and it seems right. I never liked the 2ED standard of 3-25 when a strong human was 18 and then you have to sandwich all other supernatural and/or large creatures into 7 points up to 25. So instead of looking at 25 as the cap, look at a dragon at 40 and realize that a human will never get that strong (even with all the buffs), and that is the way it should be. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]3rd edition character, with few exceptions, are all munchkin versions of first and second edition characters, granted there were alot of munchkin kits in 2nd ed, like the dwarven battlerager, kensai, Elven Archer, bladesinger, and a few others, I personally don't care for most of what i've seen for 3rd edition characters, but I view this game as any other video game with a ruleset to learn, not to really take seriously as an RPG system...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sir Morguerat: 2nd edition and proud of it.

[ 07-03-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 07-03-2002, 07:16 PM   #17
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
also for those 2nd edition players there is no upward limit to stat's in 3rd edition rules, just as there isn't any percentile strength (ie 18/57) so there is no jump from 18 (+1 to hit, +2 damage) to 19 (+3 to hit, +7 damage)
actually i thought there was a limit of 45. Well thats what i gathered from the tables in the character creation section of the players handbook. I could be wrong
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote