Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2002, 11:14 AM   #1
Mmmm
Welcomed New User

I finished the game and want to play overagain with my character's equipment and skill levels. When I try to import the character into a new game, none of my equipment comes with my character. What am I doing wrong?
Mmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

YOu're doing nothing wrong. The game is designed to take away all items from the character if imported.
If you wanna import your character somewhere with his/her equioment, get ToB...

Welcome to Ironworks, btw. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
Mr Flibble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, there's a cheese way to do it... just start a multiplayer game with your character, and keep the option checked to have all your equipment with the player. Then just start the game as usual. You will have to go through all the Connect garbage every time you play (of which you do not have to have other people join in), but it lets you form parties of completely created characters if you wish.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Mr Flibble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

almost forgot, WELCOME TO THE IRONWORKS FORUM!!!
[img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2002, 12:06 PM   #5
myungbass
Manshoon

the multiplayer way is actually a lot of fun because you get to control all of your players as opposed to just the main one. If you have played through it once or twice and wish to make it even more fun use shadowkeeper to create what you want your party to be. I played through about 3 times and just as i was getting bored of it decided to download shadowkeeper. Now i am polaying a multiplayer with drizzt's party and a mage for the last spot. You can get drizzt's party's stats just by typing a search for drizzt do'urden's stats on google or some other search engine..either way i like multiplayer a lot better than the regular game play for the control over the characters.. IWD and IWD II does the same thing only with out multiplayer mode.
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 12:07 PM   #6
myungbass
Manshoon

(i fergot togreet you as well..welcome!
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 01:35 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by myungbass:
(i fergot togreet you as well..welcome!
There's a reason why we have the 'Edit/Delete'-button.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 04:32 PM   #8
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Flibble:
You will have to go through all the Connect garbage every time you play (of which you do not have to have other people join in), but it lets you form parties of completely created characters if you wish.
But, there is a way...
  • Create a multiplayer game as usual;
  • Save the game;
  • In your BG2 folder, find Save and Mpsave folders;
  • Move your saved game file from latter to former;
  • In the game, go to single player and load the save;
  • No connect garbage anymore!
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 05:50 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

There is a way for you to keep your items without resorting to a multiplayer game. Here's how: when the game begins with the cut scene of Irenicus and yourself pause the game before you hear your character scream out in pain. You have to do this as soon as the game loads. If you paused it in time you can now acsess your characters inventory. You will notice all the items are still there except gem bags/scroll cases/bags of holding(you can't keep these). Put all the items you want to keep on the floor and unpause the game. The cutscene will then play and after it is finished you can pick up your items off the floor, viola! Now you can begin with all your nifty items!
Old 09-23-2002, 07:10 PM   #10
Mmmm
Welcomed New User

Thanks, all, for the kind welcome and the welcomed information!
Mmmm is offline   Reply With Quote