Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 02:34 AM   #1
Spirits forever

Has anyone watched this movie?? it's supposed to be very very good...could some one tell me wht it is about
?
Old 09-28-2003, 03:15 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You could check here for starters. Just a warning, though, that link contains several spoilers.

Main characters, let's see, how many are there.. at least five. They are Selene, a vampiress 'Death Dealer' whose history ties in with Viktor. Viktor is one of three elders, and also the most powerful vampire. Kraven is the acting governor of all the others while the leaders are in hibernation, he's attained this title for a particular reason. Next is Lucian, leader of the Lycans (werewolves); he is probably one of the most important characters. Also, there is Marcus, but he never makes an appearance in Underworld; the reason he's important is because he's the second elder, and I suppose the most ruthless. Finally, we have Michael, your average run-of-the-mill type of guy; he's the only important human in the whole movie.

The war between vampires and Lycans (werewolves) has been going on for I think 400 years. There are some very important things tying in with how the whole war began, and this is why so many people would rather have a prequel than a sequel.

The vampires are the more sophisticated race, living in mansions and driving nice cars. The Death Dealers, as I mentioned earlier, are a sort of elite task force whose job it is to eliminate all Lycans. Selene is the leader of them all.

The Lycans are a rebellious group. While not exactly fleeing, they tend to avoid vampires while in smaller groups. They don't share the same flexibility and intellect as the vampires, but the brute strength they get from the transformation makes up for that.

Underwold has several plots, some of which are: the vampires are seperated into two houses, a wedding is to take place to join them all together again. A ceremony is supposed to occur where Marcus is risen from his sleep and left to rule for the next century. Another is the basic vampire vs. werewolf; there are several battles throughout the movie, some of which are very good. One last plot ties in with Michael, and his importance to the whole movie.

Overall, the movie is pretty good. Many have criticized that Underworld is just a Blade/Matrix ripoff, but I think it hardly fits in with either one. There's one particular plot twist about midway through the movie, and when that happens, you'll have a different perspective on the movie entirely.

That's about all I can fit in. If someone else wants to clue you in more on the whole story and such, I'm sure they will
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote