Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 05:00 PM   #51
oldbittercraig
Elminster

floyd, you rock!
Old 07-25-2001, 12:46 AM   #52
Jake
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by oldbittercraig: ...leave him only with the Girdle of Gender equipped... [/B]
Girdle of gender? havn't heard of it.

Anomen is best, heres my story: my Pc, Minsc/boo, Jaheira, Aerie, Anomen, Nallia.(dumped yoshimo cause i accidently made him a dueled theif/fighter and didnt want to go through the leveling prosses, lol) Killing Aran linivale, streaght after his death, Jaheira said somthing about us "staying in one place." When i went down the hall she said it 20 times, it was getting on my nerves and she didn't move from Arans little room. So i killed her with minsc and raised her at a temple of Talos, then she gets me annoyed again so i left her out on the streets somewhere, i am yet to kill her... with the imprisintment spell from my wizard. can i get back to amn on the expantion pack?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 12:27 PM   #53
Gustave
The Magister

As far as I know, your stuck in the expansion pack region.

When TOB hit, Jah became mince-meat around firegiants even with the Impaler/Gorgon plate/Girdle of hill giant str. Not to mention that she needs an obscene amount of EXP to level (400,000 if I remember correctly). In SOA, Jah was decent. In TOB, she is horrible..even her elemental summonings/transformations can't help her
Old 07-25-2001, 12:49 PM   #54
Jake
Banned User

BTW, you dont lose anything with Crom faeyr, girdle of stone giant strength and gauntlets of ogre str, to be made into crom faeyr, you can always buy strength enhancing items, at the adventurers mart

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 02:23 PM   #55
oldbittercraig
Elminster

girdle of gender switches your gender- Anomen would become Anomena (or Ann for short)....
Old 07-25-2001, 04:17 PM   #56
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

SPOILER
For me Jah leveled up as fighter and druid right after the fight with the first Bhaalspawn, this imidiately allowed me to give her ability points in both elemental summoning and greater elemental summoning, this makes her one of the best ppl to have with you right at the start of ToB. She is less usefull during the fights vs. fire giants but towards the end of ToB she gets a massive increase in the no. of high level spells she can use allowing her to maxamise on the power of lvl 7 druidic spells (which are much better than there cleric counterparts) and in my opinion makes her much more powefull than Anomen.

As an extra bonus point Jah's thac0 becomes much better than Anomens since Jah continues leveling up as a fighter. My advice is to stick with Jah if your planning to go into ToB as she will, with time, become very powerfull.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:05 PM   #57
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have Anomen and Jaheria in my party in ToB. Anomen blows her away in combat, I have to keep her back with a sling. She does ok, but Anomen would mop the floor with her. And sorry Cavern Sniffer but Anomen with Crom Faeyer....ROCKS!
Old 07-25-2001, 07:13 PM   #58
Kitty
Manshoon

One of the main reasons people think Jah makes a better fighter than Anny is her THAC0. Jah's THAC0 decreases by 1 everytime she levels up as a fighter, and Anny's by 2 every 3 levels as a cleric. But...
After level 9, Jaheira needs 500000 XPs to gain one level-up as a fighter (because she's multiclassed). With this amount of XPs, Anomen gains 2 levels (225000 XPs each level)+50000 XPs, thus he must gain more 175000 to get one more level and have his THAC0 reduced by 2. Not to mention Anomen will gain extra spell slots everytime he levels up.
This means there is little difference between Jah's and Anny's THAC0; that's the reason why I don't use THAC0 as an argument to prefer Jaheira over Anomen when it comes to fighting abilities. Plus Anomen can achieve weapon mastery, while Jaheira can't.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:36 PM   #59
Gustave
The Magister

I have no regrets over losing Jaheria except for maybe the romance..er, that never happenned. All in all, Jaheira woulda been better if she was a pure Druid, and not multiclassed.
Old 07-25-2001, 09:01 PM   #60
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Then unfortunatley you'd be unable to use some of the better armours, and would further diminish her fighting skill (because of not being a fighter)

------------------