Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 11:06 AM   #1
dpwst6
Welcomed New User

hi i am new here so take it easy on me my name is Dan so here is my question....i just finished the serpent temple and i went to the town of Ishad N'Ha but when i try to leave the town i can not leave i was wondering if there is something i am doing wrong.
dpwst6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
Olli Kalma

Welcome to board dpwst6 !

I'm afraid that I can't help you much, but let's see some facts.

You cannot leave? Do you mean that when you leave from town by clicking the town gate, game crashes? or does cursor flash when you take it on town gate?

You might wear some equipment that crashes the game. Some of thease are Vampiric ring and Stone of clover... try to take one of your characters out, ( leave others into Inn ) and try to find who can't leave the town.

Or if you don't see cursor flash, when moving it on to gate, read Answers to Technical Problems topic on this foorum. ( you know what I mean when you see it ) I try to find link for it here.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=007547

Try that link to find some answers. I'm sorry but I must haste to see Clint Eastwoods newest movie! But you don't have to wait long, here's so much nice persons that competes who can help you more! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-06-2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Olli Kalma ]
Old 01-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, dpwst6. May these technical challenges be your biggest roadblock to the Gael Serran, and may they end quickly.

The problem of the Ishad N'ha gate is well-known if you're on Win2k or Win XP. You need to decompress the video files, something that can be done with a freely downloadable tool called virtualdub. Full directions are in the Tech thread, titled "Answers to Technical Questions and Problems in WW" (or something like that). I'll make sure it's near the top of the forum listings.

If it's something else, please feel free to post back with more details. There are a number of us here who will happily help you get back on your way to the Mavin sword [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the boards dpwst6. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Since the instructions in the tech therad can be somewhat difficult to understand IŽll clarify them here. IŽll update the tech thread with this step by step info as well.
1) Open Virtualdub (duh )
2) In the menu, choose file --> open video file
3) Browse to c:\.....\wizardswarriors\townavi\townhub1.avi and open it.
4) Choose file --> Save as old format avi, renaming it to something else. This is a must! Try for instance th1.avi. Save in a different folder like your temp folder.
5) Repeat steps 2-4 with all remaining avi files in that folder townhub2-3.avi and townmsk1-3.avi
6) Rename all files to their original names. th1.avi becomes townhub1.avi etc.
7) Copy or move the 6 new, and larger, avi files to c:\....\wizardswarriors\townavi and click yes to overwrite the old ones.

YouŽre all set to play now and all buildings are avaliable to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 01:39 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, dpwst6!!!!

As you can see, we're a friendly (and helpful) bunch here! The solution to your problem has already been posted so I'll just add that we hope to see more of you here!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:58 PM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to The Board, dpwst6!!!!

It seems....that your party
.....would have things ...well in hand

If only ....they could access
.................the rest of the land

You should have all the info you need to solve this problem. If not ...gives us another shout...with more details.

oh and BTW...don't forget to cast your vote...Sir Exxon's poll
Old 01-07-2003, 09:36 AM   #7
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gday dpwst6,
Is that your nickname or your password. If you prefer Dan let us know & we'll oblige.
Welcome to the forum. It looks like you've fallen into the trap of playing an old game on a new operating system. Follow the instructions as willowIX has written them & I'm sure your problem will be solved forever.
The regulars on this forum are very knowledgable & have never let me down. They wont let you down either.
Have fun with your game & let us know how you get on.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:07 AM   #8
dpwst6
Welcomed New User

thanks for all your help it is now working fine i just wanted to say thanks.
dpwst6 is offline   Reply With Quote