Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #11
wellard
Dracolisk

Clouds I'm thinking of you and Nachtrafe. [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Stuff the job...unless its to take your mind of things.

Keep us up to date!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I know, Wellard! But I need to finish a few things up (unfortunately the deadlines are serious and many students would miss paychecks next fall if I don't get my end of the work done now.) Still, I told my boss that if Jim calls me and feels worse, I'm leaving right away!

My honey is sleeping, at least I hope he is! I'll call him soon to see how he's feeling but I didn't want to wake him too soon as he seemed very tired when I left this morning.

Thanks for the kind words, Wellard, they do help!
Old 04-16-2004, 10:59 AM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

I wish him speedy recovery and both of you best wishes. Take care
Old 04-16-2004, 11:36 AM   #14
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Oh Cloudy, you should know by now that you don't have to plead for our sympathy or thoughts or prayers. Ask and ye shall recieve, hm?
Pneumonia is tough, I had it at one point. I wish your husband a quick recovery, and you the strength to help him through it.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Sorry to hear that Cloudy. Hope everything will be alright.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I hope Nactrafe gets better soon Cloudy, sounds terrible! I've never had pneumonia before but I do know it can be serious. I'm glad he has those meds in him now, and hope they do the job so he doesn't have to the hospital and can rest comfortably at home. Take care of yourself too! Will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers, and please keep us updated when you can. I know you must be going nuts having to work and not being able to be there with him, but hopefully all will turn out well and he is getting some decent rest today while you are working.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #17
Ehrys
Manshoon

Terribly sorry to hear that... I'm sure he'll be fine though. Good thing he got treated when he did. However, as mentioned, it is contagious (severity depending on the strain of the pneumococchal) so you should take precautions. My grandmother passed from pneumonia (although she was 72 and also had Tuberculosis), but not before giving it to my entire household.

You guys sound like you'll be fine however. I'll say a couple 'o "Our Fathers" for you tonight.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you!

I just called him and he's been sleeping but is going to have a little lunch then go back to sleep. I'm told rest and antibiotics is the cure, so I guess there's not much else I can do, but I'll worry anyway!

All prayers and good wishes gratefully accepted! I just didn't know what else to do...I'm getting work done, but fretting here... and between worrying about him, worrying about my workload and then about getting sick too...AAAAAACCCCCK! It's a pull out wads of hair day...but then I might have to worry about making extra work for the hairdresser next month! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:00 PM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

It's a cool thought that there's several people fron around the globe thinking of you guys and wishing Jim the best. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope it'll speed up his recovery!
Yikes, BTW, I hope this version isn't contagious. Take care of yourself Amber, and try not to stress too much - my immune system seems to be lower than ever when I stress. [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hope he gets well soon!!! Just try not to think about that too much and be more optimistic!!! Hard to do, but in time you will see results, GOOD results.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.