Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 04:28 PM   #1
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Check these out. Amazing. They are PPS format.

Slide Show 1

Slide Show 2

Oh, and give them a minuite to load if you don't have broadband.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 04:51 PM   #2
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Wow Milamber, those really are amazing. Some of the most interesting stills I've seen yet.

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
Good guys CAN get the girl, if they only have a little patience!
Old 09-13-2001, 05:12 PM   #3
DEADMAN
Manshoon

I shouldn't have watched that while working,it still chokes me up. That was incredible.
Old 09-13-2001, 05:23 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

there were some very disturbing images in there.
but very moving.

------------------

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:10 PM   #5
Moni

No offense meant MILAMBER but I find your signature to be in extremely bad taste.

There is no need to add an image of the destruction to images representing the strength of this country...it only serves as a constant horribly graphic reminder to others not just of what happened but that we, as a nation have been (wrongfully) conditioned to find something admirable in violence and destruction. Its pretty sickening.

Just my opinion.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-13-2001, 09:20 PM   #6
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Milamber
I couldn't get the pics to show up,I'm a MAC man and don't know these PC programs which one do I use to see the pics?

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-13-2001, 09:31 PM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I received these on email yesterday...absolutely stunning

Seeing so many video shots of the attacks is one thing, but to see still images that you can focus on and just see the damage is just too much.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-13-2001, 09:34 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
No offense meant MILAMBER but I find your signature to be in extremely bad taste.

There is no need to add an image of the destruction to images representing the strength of this country...it only serves as a constant horribly graphic reminder to others not just of what happened but that we, as a nation have been (wrongfully) conditioned to find something admirable in violence and destruction. Its pretty sickening.

Just my opinion.

What's wrong with a reminder? What would you call the Vietnam memorial? That's a reminder too. How did you come to the conclusion that it is somehow saying that violence is good? Are you saying that I am supporting the terrorists by my sig? Don't read too much into things. It is completely innocent I assure you. It was intended to be a reminder and a statement that we are still strong and will overcome. That is why there is a picture of the statue of liberty in the background with smoke all around it then a picture of it in pristine order proudly making a statement. There is a picture of the ruined towers next to a symbol of our country's freedom that we need to defend against terrorists. I can't imagine how you could see it as anything but patriotic.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-13-2001, 09:36 PM   #9
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Just my opinion.

Moni, I cannot of course, speak for Milamber...but I think it is a reminder that while these attacks were horrible and did so much damage and caused so much death, we as a nation will stand together and united to not only defeat this evil, but to also rebuild stronger and better than before.

It is not uncommon to show contrasting images such as this...you can see how the Eagle and Statue of Liberty are the largest and most visible images...showing that we will stand strong as a nation and ultimately prevail

Just my opinion

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-13-2001, 09:36 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Milamber
I couldn't get the pics to show up,I'm a MAC man and don't know these PC programs which one do I use to see the pics?

On mine it works through IE. It is a PPS format(power point slide show) but I don't think you need powerpoint installed for it to work. Maybe you aren't giving it long enough to download...

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB