Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, ever since I heard Saverok was available in ToB I've always wanted to take him.

This is my first time through ToB, and I got to Sarevok. I knew he'd be evil, but I thought I could put up with that.

The main problem, is he has 2.7m exp. Which makes him either level 17/18 (cant remember).

Anyway, everyone else in my party is a minimum of Level 24 (with the exception of Aerie), and the highest is like Anomen on 28 or so. I was gonna drop Mazzy, who is level 26/27 for him, but I really dont want to drop 10 levels.

Is he essential to the plot? I know that he "can" be converted maybe...

I did want to take him, to see how the story panned out, but he's just too low a level. Plus I'm playing a very good party (Charname = Paladin).

So, what would you guys do? Please give opinions, but no spoilers about the actual game itself.

Thanx.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

he'll be 50,000 xp shy of level 19. However, I think there's a second version of Sarevok that brings him closer to your level...I think. You could always check SK to see if there's multiple levels for Sarevok.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
If you're worrying about experience, don't. It gets handed out like breath mints in ToB, and at those levels it hardly makes a difference. He'll catch up soon enough. Or you could do what Lord says.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:45 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

He is always Level 17, just on the cusp of reaching Level 18. This allows players who want to Dual-class him into a Thief or Mage a little bit more convenience & control over his levels.

A Paladin might accept Sarevok into the group because it says an awful lot about your purity and strength of character if you are able to convert a powerful force of Evil into following the cause of the just and righteous. And I don't know if mercy is one of the major virtues of a Paladin, but there's something to be said for forgiving your worst enemy, too.

A Paladin might refuse Sarevok because he obviously cannot be trusted: If you paid attention in BG1, you learned that he could betray his closest friends & allies at slight provocation, and if you were of no more use to him, he'd run you through just on a whim. (Winski Perorate, anyone?) There is also the fact that trying to start a war merely for the sake of a war deserves a greater punishment than a single death penalty.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

Well, he'll never catch up until everyone else reaches the XP cap.

I think my Mazzy is on about 4.8 million exp already, and ive not gained one exp point in ToB.

The main thing I'm worried about, is what I will miss out on storyline wise if I don't take him!

And will he leave my party as he's CE, and my reputation is 20???
Old 07-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

characters won't leave your party from reputation problems in ToB.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #7
GoblinZ
Dungeon Master

Nope, but they WILL whine... O_O

[edit]
In your position, i wouldn´t take ShareWok.
He´s an intresting character with some intresting abilities, but the exp difference seems to be too great for him to be worth it.

[ 07-12-2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: GoblinZ ]
GoblinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Nah, I'd still take him. I'm usually miles ahead of him by the time I get to ToB, but the enemies, aside from the bosses, really don't get all that much harder. And with all the XP dished out, and that he'll have less XP needed to get to the next level than other guys, he should slowly catch up, and at least become close to the rest of your guys.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:59 AM   #9
Zink Whistlefly

Never mind his lack of levels compared to the rest of your party....he's still the ultimate killing machine. Deathbringer Assault and Deathbringer Stun alone are what make him worthwhile. Combine this with him being the best melee tank in the game.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

So, who would you drop from my party?

Charname Paladin Level 24
Mazzy Lv 26
Keldorn Lv 24
Anomen Lv 27
Imoen Lv 20/7
Aerie Lv 19/18

It's got to be either Mazzy or Keldorn. But, I really like Keldorns Dispel Magic abilities, he's very handy to have about!

And due to Mazzys high level, her Thaco etc are brilliant, so she's excellent!

I suppose I could drop Anomen, but he's pretty good at that level...

What you reckon?