Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

About a month ago, I posted and sent certain members who requested it, a weight lifting program for rapidly developing strength. I was wondering how those who have tried it, liked it? I am using the program for bench press, curl bench, and lat pulls. It makes for a fairly tiring workout of fifteen heavy sets twice a week.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
quietman1920

{embarrassed}Could you email it to me please? My email should be listed. (Its quietman1920@yahoo.com if its not.) {/embarrassed}
Old 11-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

My son and I have our 5th session, which is the first failure set, coming up Thursday or Friday. So far so good, we haven't had to move up or down the chart, but I hope that after the failure set later this week we will.

Regarding the negative set, is it really only suppose to be 1 rep? The weight is definately too heavy for us to lift, and we take it down as slowly as possible, but just one rep seems to easy, so we've been doing 3 or 4 of the negative reps.

[ 11-20-2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-20-2003, 05:35 PM   #4
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
My son and I have our 5th session, which is the first failure set, coming up Thursday or Friday. So far so good, we haven't had to move up or down the chart, but I hope that after the failure set later this week we will.

Regarding the negative set, is it really only suppose to be 1 rep? The weight is definately too heavy for us to lift, and we take it down as slowly as possible, but just one rep seems to easy, so we've been doing 3 or 4 of the negative reps.
I do the same thing. It can't hurt! Just don't give in to the urge to do strength training the same muscles more than twice a week. My partner owns the house where my equipment is. He was having lots of problems at one point. He admitted that he was "sneaking" in extra routines once or twice a week in the hopes of catching up to me quicker. I told him he was overworking the muscles and should back off any tricep, chest, or shoulder work except for the two routines we did. He had immediate improvement! I added the equipment for curls and lats and worked up the routine for it. He doesn't do any extra now.

Also, don't forget to eat lots of good lean protein right before and the day after the workout. Chicken, fish, fat free/reduced dairy, protein shakes with low sugar, etc.

Conversely, if you're skinny already, feel free to eat as many good carbs (in addition to the protein) as your appetite demands.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:40 PM   #5
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
{embarrassed}Could you email it to me please? My email should be listed. (Its quietman1920@yahoo.com if its not.) {/embarrassed}
No need to be embarrassed! I sent it. Have fun!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:13 PM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

. havent had time to try it yet . hope i will do soon though.

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-21-2003, 10:24 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You sent it to me (thank you), but I accidently erased it. I PM'ed you asking for it again, but have not received it since. Would you mind forwarding it? I do want to try it. Thanks.