Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 09:05 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Wahoo!Yay! Only 41 more dollars and i can buy NWN!Any suggestions on how to get some money real quick?

[ 07-06-2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-06-2002, 09:07 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sell your boogers to poor people!
Old 07-06-2002, 09:09 PM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Since you're only 11, there's not really anything I can think of that's legal [img]tongue.gif[/img] umm... mowing lawns, washing cars, paper route or how about do what I did and trade in some old games that you don't play anymore? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 09:15 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

What about going down to the closest street corner and...wait a minute your only 11! Forget I said that. How about working out a load agreement with your parents? They loan you the money at a modest interest rate at which you agree to pay back within a certain time frame. Tell you what, come on over to my place, I've got a tonne of dog s**t in the back yard that needs to be cleaned up. My daughters 10 and I offered her 40, but she said no way! Seriously talk to your parents and see if they'll go for the loan idea. It's a great way to learn the value of money and responsibility. I'm sure if you sit down with them and carry out an adult conversation they'll go for it. I would.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:17 PM   #5
Downunda

$40us for cleaning up dog shit? I'm your man [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 09:19 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
$40us for cleaning up dog shit? I'm your man [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Nope $40Cdn, so about $25US. Perhaps you should see my dog first, before you agree!
Old 07-06-2002, 09:22 PM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well I am going to give you one tip it isn't really breaking the law I think but here is what I used to do before I got a job. I would steal change from my parents everyday take a dollar while they were sleeping they will never notice. And I would get what I wanted.

It works just don't get caught and don't tell them I told you to do it if you do get caught. I am saving up for that game too. I am going to get it next week I will have enough money for it. Or I could start my method up agian and get it quicker.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:23 PM   #8
Downunda

LoL, You're speaking to the guy that earnt $10nz($5us) an hour cleaning hotel rooms [img]tongue.gif[/img] - the vacuum cleaning and dishes I could handle, but removing old men and lady pubes from the shower trap was the most disgusting thing I'd ever done in my life
The job lasted about a week before I quit What type dog u got? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 09:26 PM   #9
Downunda

Quote:
Originally posted by Loumistro:
Well I am going to give you one tip it isn't really breaking the law I think but here is what I used to do before I got a job. I would steal change from my parents everyday take a dollar while they were sleeping they will never notice. And I would get what I wanted.

It works just don't get caught and don't tell them I told you to do it if you do get caught. I am saving up for that game too. I am going to get it next week I will have enough money for it. Or I could start my method up agian and get it quicker.
Nah dude. I did this when I was a young 'un and you'll always get caught no matter how good you think you are. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but they will find out
Old 07-06-2002, 09:27 PM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Loumistro:

Very nice! Someguy, I wouldn't take this advice if I were you. As a parent i know exactly how much money I have, so if it goes missing....the least of your worries will be NWN