Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
kirdie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, after I reading and writing a few posts in this forum I got many insights on how to develop a better party and which faults i did at the beginning. my problem is: if I delete a character and make a new one he needs an eternity to keep up with the other ones (at the moment at lvl 8 ).
how can I make this more quickly?
kirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 06:44 PM   #2
Iron Spike
Dungeon Master

you could just rest in a place that has powerful enemies and battle em until he is high, or you could use cheats.
Iron Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:23 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I am doing it right now. My party was around level 9 when I fired the useless monk and started a rogue. It doesnt take long, just protect the character. Missile weapons only, maybe pick up a fighter level on the way up. A little tender lovin care and they will be in the thick of it soon enough. My partys around 12 with the rogue quickly catching up at around level Rogue5/Fighter2 and doing well.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:01 PM   #4
DraconisRex

Okay, I had made some errors regarding party composition, PC developement, blah, blah, blah. I exported 3 of the party members and started a new party.

The newbies are moving up fast.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 12:28 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Simply leave the new character behind in a safe spot. He does not even need to kill something to get xp.

Lets say you just entered a new map and created the character. Leave him at the map's entrace and take your other characters to clean this map. The newbie will get his share of the xp and level pretty fast.